flowers and etc.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by dooley, Sep 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Dan took some pictures the other day and today he e-mailed a few. I thought you might like to see more pictures of the flowers in the other back yard. The first is a portrait of a cosmos.
    [​IMG]
    The next one is some yellow flowers that came up wild. Dan and DR think they are jerusalam artichokes. They do grow wild here.It's about six feet tall so this is just the top.
    [​IMG]
    The next one is the flowers that I planted along the fence plus some that came up wild. The red ones are Cardinal climber that are wild. Then there are coreopsis, cosmos, poppies and Mexican primrose. Not all show in the picture. I didn't size it right. Maybe because it's up and down instead of sideways.
    [​IMG]
    The next is a vulture. Dan sat in the yard and waited for it to come over. This is the one that Chance tried to catch.
    [​IMG]
    The last one is a picture of the table we bought at a yard sale for ten dollars.But you can't see the table. I don't know who those people are sitting at it. But, they were looking into the sun. Quinting? Yeah!
    [​IMG]

That's it. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Dooley that is a superb picture of you and DR even although your eyes are screwed up. :-D I also loved the buzzard wheeling overhead. Chance is soooo brave trying to catch something that size. :eek:

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi DR and Dooley :smt039

The vulture pic is great, I would love to see one in flight just for the cinematic feeling of course.

Tell Dan that the photos are very well taken. The focus is perfect on the first photo.

5. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Eating the artichokes

Great pics!

Can you eat the Jerusalem Artichokes? They are marketed down here as 'sunchokes' and I love 'em.

Advertisement
  6. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Great pics Dooley. The flowers look nice and so does the pic of you and DR.

Chance and Charity would get along really good. She loves to try and catch things too. Every once in a while she succeeds.

7. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

We eat Jerusalem artichokes here in the UK, but they are famous for causing the consumer to suffer huge bouts of wind!! As they are in the sunflower family, they have those lovely yellow smiling flowers.

Just love that vulture shot - makes my sparrows look teeny!

Glad to meet you both also - nice to put faces to names!

8. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Great pictures especially of you and DR. Fred tries to catch things also but more the size of butterflys or bugs. He got a locust the other night. You should have seen him when it flittered in his mouth.

9. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Great pics

10. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Nice pictures Dooley. That's a good picture of you and DR. Tell Dan he did a good job.