Flowers coming up

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by margie12u, Feb 26, 2011.

1. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Oh Yeah!!! Some of mine are coming up to, We will be back in the dirt before we know, I can't wait. I went out the other day and raked up leaves and cleaned up some of the beds,And it felt so good just doing that.I hope it wasn't to early to rake up the leaves around some of the flowers It's still a little cool here. It was nice that day and I couldn't hardly stand staying in the house. Summer will be here and we will be tired and have aches and pains in places we didn't know we have but it will be so worth it. I think! When I first started last spring I thought I was going to fall over But I was back out there every day.It finally wore off. Just from me being to lazy all winter. I can't wait to get my hands dirty again.

Every body have a nice evening
    Margie :stew2: :-D

eileen and Kay like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Daniel W
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Logan
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

For the first time in months I was able to go out and play in the dirt today. :D
    Two broken fingernails, another cracked, scratches on my hands and arms and my fingers feel sooo rough. Am I complaining? No way!! I loved every minute of it and will be back out there tomorrow to get some more damage to my hands. :-D
    Let's hope it wpn't be long until you're out there too Margie.

4. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Spring

I can't wait! It's suppose to be in the 50s tomorrow so maybe for a little while. I enjoy every minute of it now, I guess because it's all another new beginning.

Margie :-D

5. angmf2233

angmf2233 Seedling

yep

I was out 2 weeks ago and started some spring clean up, and then snowed that evening! UGH! I uncovered and saw a few bulbs peeking out, so hope they will be ok. Me to was sore, being cooped up all winter the old body isn't used to it, gosh my back and legs were sore. But I to am getting so anxious!

Advertisement
  6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Spring will get here!! Spring will get here!! Positive stuff....It's like a green wave. It starts in the south and works its way north. Think positive snow melting thoughts. :) :)

Jerry

7. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I just love the enthusiasm that springtime brings to us gardeners!! Margie, I am happy for you to have such nice weather and seeing your flowers coming back to life. It's too early for me, but I was eyeing the big ornamental grasses and thinking about getting them cut down. The last batch of snow is busy melting today, but the ground is very wet and mushy. I'm waiting patiently :stew1:

8. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Ground? You can see the ground? A definite sign of spring when you can see the ground. :)

Jerry

9. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Melting Vibes

I am sending snow melting vibes across the air waves, I want every bodies weather to be wonderful, And mine could be a little drier right now , But better than snow.My hubby is about to leave me with all the seeds I have in the house, And when some one sent me more in the mail the other day, It almost finished him off!! LOL I have elephant ears and big hibiscus trees I need to get out to, My house will look empty when I get them all out of here.What's a girl to do?

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from margie12u's Garden )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Flowers ever where ( photo / image / picture from margie12u's Garden )

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Margie... sounds like that girl is doing exactly what any of us gardeners would be doing!
    I've got seedlings all over the house. My brothers from California were here over the weekend and looked at me like I was nuts! Seeds starting here. Seedlings hardening off in the laundry room. Plants in the kitchen and garage. If they only knew about the bag full of bulbs and the container full of seeds, I do believe they'd have be committed to the "funny-farm"!

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

You are doing well Margie! I guess it's almost time to get my stuff started and my hubby ready to leave me ;)

12. PJK56

PJK56 New Seed

I love all the excitement of Spring. I've been out pruning back the Crepe Mrytles and cleaning out the flower beds, along with the pots. It shows to on my arms, legs, fingernails, etc. I just love it though, and it's all worth it.