Funny but true ads.

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Tooty2shoes, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Here are some actually ads out of a newspapers.

Used tombstone for sale. Perfect for someone named Homer HendelBergenHeinzel. Especially if he is sick. Call----------.

Wanted someone to go back in time with me. No, this is not a joke. P.O. Box 322, Oakview, C.A,93022. You will get paid after we get back. Must bring own weapons. Safety not guaranteed. I have only done this once before.

If you are chased by a dog while walking, running, or bicycling. Stop turn toward the dog, point and firmly say," No" or Go Home. Repeat as needed. This is effective even for dogs who do not speak English. :eek:

Frank, stratsmom, SongofJoy57 and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Tooty, that is hilarious!
    Our local paper had an ad this week for "cemetery plot, unused."
    Well, I'd hope so!

4. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Unused plot is good. Sadly when my MIL was to be buried the plot that had FIL had another cement crypt underground where she was to be placed :eek: and huge accommodations had to be made :-? Truth in advertising is good :rolleyes:

5. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Marlin that is pretty funny also. ;)

Jewell Yikes that had to be a bit upsetting at the time. I saw a show on PBS that told about grave sites that where you paid rent on it.
    I just did a web search and found out the Germany has been doing that for years. You pay between 900.00 up to 5,000.00 for a 20yrs rentable grave site. Then after that time is up you or other relatives can make the payment again for another 20yrs.
    If no one pays the money the head stone is removed and some else is buried in that plot site. You can find more about it by doing on online search titled; countries that rent grave plots.
    But I guess it is necessary in countries where you have limited grave sites. But I would think they could come up with a more sympathetic system.

Advertisement
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Don't they do this in New Orleans (but above ground), too? since it is below sea level land is at a premium and after Katrina? went through it destroyed many of the crypts, making for a huge story at the time.

7. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Carolyn not sure about New Orleans. But I can imagine that all that flooding really caused a big mess in so many ways that they are still dealing with in some areas down there. We also have above ground crypts here in Wis. Mostly it is the Catholic church's that do that. :stew1: