Garden Update

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by FlowerFreak22, May 23, 2010.

1. FlowerFreak22

FlowerFreak22 In Flower Plants Contributor

Ok, where to start? Well, I've got lot's of exciting things happening right now. I've got all kinds of new seedlings this year. Seedlings of plants such as Morning Glory, Sweet Shrub, Coral Bean, two different Rattleboxes (Crotalaria sagittalis and unknown), some sort of bean the seed of which I got from the Biltmore Estate Gardens, and some sort of cactus/succulent. <---Very Excited :stew1: :D :stew2: ... I also have some Passion Flower that already has buds on it, which is surprising since I have never seen them flower here till the end of Summer. I have about six Blue Hydrangeas, a Pink Lilac, and Black Magic Elephant Ears growing. I also have some very small trees that I'm trying to get nice and tall: Sawtooth Oak, Maple, Pecan, Apple, Crape Myrtle, Dwarf Banana, and an unknown. I bought an Ice Plant which has already doubled in size since I planted it. A couple pieces of it broke off so I just stuck them in the ground with a little poking up and they grew into more Ice Plants...what a great deal for $5.00. 3 plants for the price of 1. I also bought a Red Yucca and I can't quite tell if it's doing ok, but we will see how it turns out. And last, but not least, I have a Pitcher Plant (Nepenthes alata) which I bought a while ago half price and has since nearly tripled in size, but has yet to grow any new pitchers.

2. Loading...

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Sounds like everything is doing great! Nice variety :-D

4. FlowerFreak22

FlowerFreak22 In Flower Plants Contributor

Thanks, hopefully I can get some photos up soon.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It sounds as though everything is flourishing for you FF. I'll look forward to seeing your photographs.

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

You have a nice collection of plants Jon. I can't wait to see the photos :)