Gardening-Related Stationery Items

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by azw1879, Apr 6, 2006.

1. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

What I found with my AZW interest is lack of stationery based on the subject, such as illustrated diaries/journals, calendars, writing cases/sets, notebooks, envelopes, etc., including computer-related items.

I'm sure there is plenty of stationery items on the subject of gardening, to maintain a connection to it, while letter writing, or the writing in diaries and notebooks, etc.

Has anyone acquired some of these items which are based on gardening ?

I ask, due to the fact that I'm not fond of plain writing paper and quite like a design of some sort, which is either a feint image which allows you to write clearly over the top, but still see the image through the writing, or a design on the back. Even with the A4 paper used for printing or typing.

C.J.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

These, I have found through my Birds and Bloom magazine. Every month along with the magazine I get a four to six page catalog of gardening related things. I was going to post the address, but I don't have one handy. Oops! I found an address in my Daily Planner. It's from there too. Reiman Media Group, Inc.
    5400 S. 60th St.
    Greendale, Wisconsin 53129 USA

I don't know about things in other countries. I get a magazine called Backyard Living too that sometimes has things in it. Could you check your gardening magazines to see if they offer things like that. Dooley

3. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Thanks. Yes. 2 years ago I had a gardening-related diary and address book set obtained from a book club. Last year I used a Zen journal for making notes, etc., but also obtained a plain black writing case which contained a diary, address book, planner, etc. This year I've still got the writing case, but am using a computer desktop diary based on the Battle of Britain, as well as a mousemat on the same subject. I really would like to have all my stationery matching with a connection to a single subject (gardening) rather than a mishmash of everything. I will look around at some stage and hopefully gather together such a set, which includes all the items mentioned in the post I wrote first.

C.J.

4. azw1879

azw1879 Seedling

Obtained a 2007 Gardening Calendar and fold-out planner, but decided to opt for an A5 Filofax personal organiser for planning, notes, reminders, diary, etc. I wish I had thought of it sooner, it is a fantastic item to keep everything together in one place, with different kinds of refill packs to build the organiser up the way you like, which suits the purpose that you use it for, most stationery is covered, lined, blank, graph, diary, clear envelopes, even calculators, etc.

Check out the Filofax site. I highly recommend this item for any sort of paperwork :-D

C.J. ;)