ghost writer.

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by cornishwoman, Aug 30, 2008.

1. cornishwoman

cornishwoman New Seed

I expect it may be on my end,but this is the second time I have received a notice of a pm in my e mail,but when I log into the site and visit that area , theres no new message there,any ideas.cw :-? :-?

2. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

When you receive that message in 'your email' just click on the message like you would any other. Then go down to the link in the message and click on that. It will open up your PM. Or when you log into GardenStew, it will indicate you have a PM. Just click OK. Hope this will help. If not, I don't know what to suggest!!

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

That's very strange CW and shouldn't happen. I've sent you a test PM to test that everything is working as normal for you.

4. cornishwoman

cornishwoman New Seed

Hi Frank,bet you never got my last pm,I know why now,Im sending messages to my self ..........don't laugh.......I have no idea why its doing that,but thats why when I write a pm to some one the notice shows up in my home email as if some one has emailed me,and when I visit that area theres no massage.what do I do??? c.w.

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Actually I did receive your last PM c.w I just have not have time to reply yet, sorry.

Yes PMing yourself by mistake would exhibit the strange behaviour you described :) If you want to PM another member the easiest thing to do is to click the PM link under any of the posts they have written or click the 'Send me a Private Message' on their profile page. This will allow you to write a new PM with their member name already filled in so you don't have to enter it. Does this make sense?

6. cornishwoman

cornishwoman New Seed

Hi Frank,o yes thats crystal clear,and thats what I shall do from now on.I was just using my pm-ing area and typing in the recipeants name,but I guess it was still coming back to me ,some how. okie dokie ;) :D :D cw

7. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

I've had my own pm's come back to me too. Perhaps that's the way some ISP's work?
    Gardengater