Goats eat just about anything

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Mar 22, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Susie would eat just about anything for sure. I loves to see her eat a lemon. She made the most awful faces but she ate the whole thing and would come to the gate for another one. One was the limit though. We weren't sure how they would affect her. She loved a good paper bag. We had a storage trailer in the yard and she peeled the aluminum off one end. We took that away because it was bad for her. She loved the Giant Swiss Chard that we grew. She was a great goat. I wish we still had her. Dooley

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

She certainly sounds as though she was a real character Dooley. Do you have any photographs of her? I love seeing piccies of peoples animals!! :D

Blue, our labrador would pull back his gums and take a piece of orange from us with just his front teeth. Then he would wink while he chewed it!!! Really amusing to watch. :D

4. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Awwww! I think goats are so cute! My family thinks I've lost it when we pass a field with them grazing,they always make me laugh (really hard).Sorry about Susie!

5. dooley

I don't have a picture of Susie. She was black and white and still had her horns. We had a lot of animals when we had her. We had a Scottie dog named Piper. We had about 16 geese, 8 or 10 ducks and a dozen chickens. But the county zoning people came and said that we had too many for the size of the property so we found homes for all of them but the dog. We kept the dog until she died. Susie went to Gold Canyon. It is one of those old mining towns that they build for tourists where everything is supposed to be from the period. They were starting to look for animals so we gave Susie to them. She probably loves it because people feed those animals. Now, we have Chance. She's entertainment as much for us as I think we are for her. She plays games with her squeaky toy with Brian. She doesn't play with me because I don't know the rules. Well, that's because the rules change every time you play. Dooley

Advertisement
  6. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Lovely story Dooley , you have a great way with words 8) Bugs

7. eileen

Oh I enjoyed that Dooley. I love hearing all about other peoples animals. Thank for sharing. :D

8. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Speaking of animals, I red something the other day that I never heard of brfore. Cats don't like the smell of citrus fruit, oranges etc. So to keep them out of your flower beds, put orange or any type of citrus peel in the beds. We have a neighbors cat that likes to sleep in the beds, but isn't too careful where it plops it's body down. The only plant it hasn't squashed is the rose bush. I put some tangerine peel in the beds and haven't even seen the cat around at all since.

9. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

Thanks! I'm going to try that. We have a lot of stray cats that use my freshly dug beds. Dooley

10. eileen

I've planted a lemon balm bush (which smells really strongly of lemons) against the fence where a neighbours cat used to come in and I never see hide nor hair of it now. :D Wonder what it is about the smell of oranges and lemons that cats don't like? Who cares as long as it keeps them off my plants and away from 'my' birds. ;) ;)

11. dooley

Today, I peeled about six oranges and cut the peels up and spread them around my flower beds. Let the cats come now. Dooley

12. Kimberly

Kimberly Seedling

Ohhh I loved the susie story!! Thanks for sharing and I am putting a lemon balm bush on my shopping list and saving all my orange peels from now on!!! Thanks for the tips gang!!! :D