Got trumpets finally...

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by donna in nc, Sep 3, 2013.

1. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

...on my angel trumpet bush. My very first experience with them. They are green right now but man that bush took off from a little sprout and is about 4ft tall now in just the summer months. Started another one after it went through alot of trouble but is looking good except the grass hoppers are eating the new leaves. Today they get sevin dust put on them. It probally won't bloom till next summer. Hope to get a pink cutting from dd. She gave me the yellow one so am going to give her a cutting from it when the time is right. I am 1 happy garden lady right now lol and I saw some more rose of sharons for free on craigs list this morning. They are sapplings so should be easy to dig up. Will let you know. lol

SongofJoy57 likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi Donna, You clearly are doing something very right for your trumpet bush to have taken off so well! Congrats! I have a 4 incher on my window sill that has been that size for a year. It probably thinks I'm trying to make a bonsai out of it! I wish I knew your secret.

4. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

I just planted it straight in the ground in direct sunlight and just watered everyday thats it

5. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Is it hardy through your winters in N.C.?

6. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

don't know yet but my xfil keeps his out all year I am going to cut mine to the ground and mulch good and get some cutting off the stalk and start them indoors