Got Wood-burner installed today

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by koszta kid, Nov 20, 2014.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Since our was ruined by flood. Wood heat warms different. DS taking old one to scrap yard.

carolyn likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I never thought of how to get rid of one of those after being used. Do you get charged or get paid for it when taking it to the scrap yard?

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Good for you, KK. I love my wood heat. It is different than fuel heat. We haven't had time to cut and split wood and we bought 2 cords this week. I have never bought wood and buying it probably makes it no cheaper than using the gas furnace, but I LIKE the wood heat. It is warmer.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We have a wood-burning stove in the living room, more for enjoyment than for heat. However, when the electricity goes out, we stay warm and I can cook on the coals using my cast iron pans.
    What I love most is going outside on a cold day and smelling the wood smoke. It's homey and comforting, somehow.

Advertisement
  6. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

We also have electric heat in new bedroom. And newer LP gas furnace. But Wood was only source of heat when we moved her 42 years ago.First one was Huge .Newer one has duct work-filter This one can be run if lights go out.And DS will be paid for taking it to scrap yard. Steel prices are up. And DS has many loads of seasoned split wood. Have neighbor come when lights was out and cold. Have gas cook stove. And generator. Total on flood damage $23,000. Still finding Dried mud in garage.

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Congratulations on the new wood stove. I'm sure you will enjoy it. We used to use wood heat and it is a warmer heat than gas or electric. At least it feels that way to me. Now we do not have enough room in our small house for a wood heater and we are getting to the age that cutting and splitting wood is not feasible.

8. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

We both was going to stop burning wood. Youngest Got divorced. Moved back home. Had been splitting it by hand. He went and bought big log splitter. Said "Did That when I was young"