Greeting From Sydney Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Queen Be, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Queen Be

Queen Be New Seed

Hi my name is Belinda aka Queen Be and I live about 90 minutes north of Sydney on what is know as the NSW Central Coast.

I am a very inexperienced gardener but I want to learn so here I am. Unfortunately I don't have the best site for a garden either, we are situated on the south side of a rather large hill (remember I'm in the southern hemisphere) and lose all sun for about 4 months of the year. We are just coming out of winter and finally getting a bit of sun so I am busy planning a new vegetable garden. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and learning lots :-D

2. Loading...

3. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Queen Be; Welcome from Wisconsin.Glad you found this great site. They are friendly, helpful, fun, and creative. So you have come to the right spot. We here in Wisconsin are just finishing up our summer and going into our fall season. I love seeing and hearing about what others in different area's of the world are growing. Have fun developing your new veggie garden. :stew1:

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi Queen Be :wave:
    Welcome to Gardenstew from southern Ontario!

5. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi Queen Bee! Welcome!
    Ironically, I live in the northern hemisphere, on a north-facing slope and bemoan the same thing as you: little sun! Good luck nevertheless with your veggie garden plans. Glad you have jointed this group.

Advertisement
  6. Miss Liberty

Miss Liberty Seedling

Hi Belinda aka Queen Be. Welcome to GardenStew. I've learned so much here during my first year of gardening. I'm in Wyoming, in the northern part of the US, so my garden is winding down for the year (it wouldn't be unheard of to have snow in the next month).

I'm anxious to hear how your garden does now that mine is done.

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Welcome from Texas! Here it's been hot and dry all summer so our garden is near nonexistant. But, we keep trying and really encourage new gardeners. there are some things that do well in shade. I'm sure someone could come up with a list of them for you.
    dooley

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there Belinda and a warm welcome to GardenStew this time from Scotland. You're sure to get lots of help here as we have members from all over the world and with very different growing seasons and conditions. If you have any questions, no matter how trivial they may seem, then ask away as someone is sure to be able to give you a helping hand.

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Welcome from Illinois, USA. Our summer is winding down and I am looking forward to fall temperatures.
    wannabe

10. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Belinda,
    welcome to GardenStew from the Midlands,Ireland,yes we surely do come from all over,..which makes the forum so interesting,..hoping you stay with us and find some helpful tips.

11. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Hi Belinda, welcome to GardenStew from Chelmsford MA, USA. There is something here for everyone and plenty of knowledgeable people to ask questions. Welcome aboard.

Jerry

12. debbieteale

debbieteale Seedling

Hi there from Busselton, Western Australia! So nice to see you on here. Good luck with your veggie garden. So many things grow here, I know you'll come up with great ideas to extend the growing season just like so many other enthusiasts have.
    I look forward to seeing and hearing hour progress. I'm trying to update more often, but it's always great to see others successes!

13. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Queen Be and a hearty welcome to GardenStew. Always interesting to hear from another hemisphere. Lots to read here and a gathering of friendly folk to chat with. Hope you have a great time!

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Welcome, Queen Be from central Texas! We fight heat and dry, and actually have to protect some vegetable plants from the sun. Your garden will do well, especially since you have a whole bunch of gardening friends here on the Stew.
    I particularly like your alias, "Queen Be,' because my husband is a beekeeper and we are fond of our queens!

15. Bernieh

Bernieh In Flower

Hi from another Aussie. I'm up here in north Queensland. My place is on a hillside too, but we're fortunate enough to have sunshine for most of the year. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time on this site.

16. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Hi Queen Be... this time from SE Texas. Welcome aboard and please keep us up-to-date on your gardening adventures.