greetings from cold wet and windy england

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by blackswan, Jan 23, 2009.

1. blackswan

blackswan Seedling

Hello there everyone I am writing this from the east of england, A very wet windy and cold day today. I found this site by accident and it looks interesting so here I am. My gardening skills are not excellent but I get a great buzz out of planting anything and waiting to see what comes up (if anything ).I love just throwing seeds mixed together on a patch of earth and seeing the beautiful colours that emerge.My favourite flower is the daffodil and lillies proberbly because for a novice like me they are very easy to grow.There is great excitement on my part at the moment as I have grown an amaryllis from bulb and everyone told me it was very hard to grow and mine has got four beautiful scarlett red trumpets so im dead chuffed about that. well im going to have alook round now so bye for now. :stew1:

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there blackswan and a warm welcome to our forums from West Lothian in Scotland. We're not having good weather here either at the moment. :( What I wouldn't give to feel warm again!!
    Your amaryllis sounds really lovely. I'm waiting for my pink one to flower. :-D Great to have you here and I hope you'll make your stay with us a long one.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Welcome to the Stew from mid-Norway. :stew2: I hope you'll like it here, and I hope you'll share some photos of your lovely amaryllis too, and the garden once spring is there. :D

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi blackswan, welcome to the Stew from north Texas.
    Yes, we would love to see pictures of your Amaryllis and any other gardening you do.

Advertisement
  6. blackswan

blackswan Seedling

hi there thanks for the warm welcome, I would love to post a pic of my amaryllis but I am new on computers and am justlearning my way and would not have a clue how to post a photo, my husband works away and has only just gone back to work, but before he went he took some photos of the flower, so when he returns which wont be for about another three weeks I will ask him to post the pic for me. :stew1:

7. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

Hi blackswan and welcome from also a wet & windy Hertfordshire, although I must say at the moment we have a glimpse of the sun, but I don't think it is going to last. Hope you enjoy being here, they are a great bunch, like one big happy family :stew2:

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi BlackSwan and a warm welcome to GardenStew from Sweden. You're going to love hanging around with the great people here I guarantee it.

Don't forget to check out our blogs, member map and upload any plant images you have to PlantStew for all to see :stew1:
    Details here: http://www.gardenstew.com/plantstew/help#3

// frank

9. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Welcome blackswan to the Garden Stew from east Texas. You will really enjoy our great gang of people from all over the world.

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi blackswan :wave:
    Welcome to Gardenstew from southern Ontario!

11. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Welcome from cold and snowy Wisconsin USA...the sun is shining today, though so we've warmed up to a balmy 7 degrees F (-13C).

12. Penny

Penny Young Pine

Hi there and Welcome.

13. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Welcome

Hi Blackswan and welcome from coastal North Carolina.

14. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

HI, Blackswan I am in Blackpool, northwest England and it is a grey cold day here also I havebeen tied up indoors the last couple of days and have missed the lovely weather. I hope you enjoy your stay on GardenStew and learn as much as I am doing or share what you know, I look forward to seeing pictures of the daffodils and lilies and am itching to see a picture of your amaryllis