Guinea Hen on the run

Discussion in 'Bird' started by toni, May 22, 2007.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

When we got home Sunday evening, I went wandering around the yard and found that the flowers in the large wood planter box had been smushed down. My first thought was they were dry and badly wilting so I set the sprinkler out and gave the planter a good soaking.
    They did pick up a bit but still looked flat...sort of like something had laid down on them.

Yesterday morning, just before the electricity went out, there was a commotion from the dogs next door and when I looked out to see who was wandering the neighborhood I saw a Guinea Hen walking across the front yard. She was in the neighbors yard by the time I got the camera out there.
    Today an Animal Control officer has been roaming the neighborhood with a net in hand, I bet she is trying to catch the hen. And I bet the hen is what roosted on my flowers over the weekend.
    The majority of the people in our neighborhood now are from a country where growing livestock in your backyard is allowed and some are having trouble remembering it is not allowed here :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

2. Loading...