Half Price Sale on Paper Forced Me To Go Plant Shopping

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by cherylad, Feb 6, 2014.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

The office manager at work has been asking me when I was going to order more copy paper. She asked again this morning. I told her that I've been waiting on a good sale, and since we had enough paper to last another week, I wasn't in any hurry. She sighed "okay" and walked away.
    Not 15 minutes later... I get an email... half off copy paper! I had to laugh out loud and called her over to take a look. She had to laugh too and said "okay... you win".
    So... while I was reveling in all my glory, I thought about another half price sale at the "big" nursery that's been going on for months.
    I pretty much made up my mind to get a palm for the big pot. "Should I go ahead and get it now? Or wait a few more weeks waiting on the weather to warm? What if the sale ends before then? Should I go ahead and get it even though I'll have to stash it in the garage for a month or so?" The answer was "HECK YEAH! Go get it now!"
    So, at lunch time I got myself a Mediterranean Fan Palm (Chamaerops humilis) which is cold hardy for my climate. And I just couldn't pass up the Agapanthus... not at half price!

[​IMG]
    Palm and Agapanthus ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

And this is the "big pot" where the palm will go. It's about 3 foot tall and probably just about that around at the top.

[​IMG]
    big pot ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

So, today's lesson, when any half price sale shows up just when you need it... don't fight it... go plant shopping!
    :stew2:

eileen, Henry Johnson, Jewell and 4 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ahh Cheryl your sale plants are fantastic BUT did you remember to get that copy paper too? ;)

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Heh heh heh....great posting, Cheryl.
    You are too right with that 'Lesson for the day". :)

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I'm still trying to figure out how you stayed away from a half price plant sale for "months"? Gosh I would have been there day 1! Good call on the copy paper :)

6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Yes Eileen... the paper should be here today. :)

Netty... it was very easy to stay away from that place. It's not my favorite place for plants. They had 50% and then 70% and then back to 50% off sales since around Christmas. Nothing really at the place, but the big stuff, like trees. So I wasn't tempted at all to go see what was there. Now... if I had made my mind up about the palm back then, I certainly would have taken advantage of that 70% off sale!
    I'm thinking of getting another pot of the Agapanthus... there were 3-4 plants in each pot and for only $10.