Half Price Stuff Today.. woohoo!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by cherylad, Feb 16, 2012.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I needed another bag of compost and a bag of potting soil. I've been a super good girl and have not ordered or bought any plants all year (okay... so it's only the middle of February). So I just could not resist a good sale and a mark-down rack.
    Here's what I got for around $16.

[​IMG]
    Half Off Plants ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

The two 24-packs came from the "big" nursery. One is Salvia and the other is Begonias. Both were less than $10.
    But they didn't have the compost I wanted, so, naturally I just had to stop at Lowes. Who knew they would have LOTS of stuff on the mark-down racks already?
    So, I picked up a Georgia Blue Speedwell, a Creeping Phlox and a Emerald Blue Creeping Phlox. I've never grown a Tulip so I got a red & white one. And might as well get a White Hyacinth (which I've never grown either).
    Total... $6.00.

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Well, I was at Lowe's last week and I bought plants but didn't get them at half price. Maybe I should try again next week or this week except it's going to be raining tomorrow so next week will have to do.
    We were thinking of going to Lowe's anyway. Good job! But, now you have to find time to plant them.
    dooley

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Wow, Cheryl, I'd like to follow you around and get some of those great bargains!I think I'll go kick someone at Lowe's in the shins. We don't have a half-price rack yet.
    The tulip and hyacinth need "cold time" which is provided by your refrigerator. After they bloom and the foliage dies back, lift the bulbs, clean off the dirt, and put them in the refrigerator until fall. Then replant and wait for your next blooms.

5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Great bargains Cheryl, Lowe's here still has snow shovels for sale.......they are marked down. :)

Jerry

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Dooley... I was in there on Tuesday and the only thing on the mark down rack was dead-looking orchids. That's why I wasn't expecting anything just two days later!
    Still a little early to plant... plus, like you said... more rain for the next 2 days. So, I hope they like living in their little containers for a little longer.

Jane... I was talking with co-workers today about Tulips and how they have to be refrigerated down here. I'm sure I'll be asking more questions when that time comes.
    There's a Lowes near my office, and they rarely have anything marked down. But the one on my way home seems to always have something for my meager plant budget! :stew2:

Oh Jerry... that's too funny! :D

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Snowblowers and snow plows are on the clearance racks here (at least, I am sure you could find a snow plow on the rack somewhere). Rock salt, de-icer, ice scrapers, snow clothes...hats, gloves, boots, Carhart coveralls, sleds for the snowless slopes, I got wool socks at RKO for $1.25 marked down from $4.99. All the usual for mid Feb. :rolleyes: no plants to be seen. You are fortunate Cheryl, great buys. My dad and brother will be in Dallas next week, maybe they can bring back some warm weather and sunshine.

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Cheryl we went to Lowe's today but nothing was on sale. We did buy a flat of Petunias and a few pepper plants. We wanted to buy landscape timbers but the good ones were still in bundles. They wanted to sell the split and crooked ones first and not at half price. The landscape timbers are outside so they were damp and yucky and the birds roosting in the rafters had been having a field day. We passed on them.
    Just so you know, we didn't break a record. It rained on us again today.
    dooley