Hello Everyone

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by essenceoftime, Nov 9, 2006.

1. essenceoftime

essenceoftime Seedling

Hello Everyone from Australia

I've just joined and been reding different topics. I am looking forward to learning and sharing - so much knowledge and information here!

Love Lara

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Don Conte
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Zigs
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Lara and welcome to the Stew. Nice to have more Aussies on board, we always need more of you guys :) Why don't you tell us a bit more about yourself, hobbies etc... We're quite nosey!

Hope you enjoy the site and our company.

4. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Welcome, Lara, from New Orleans, La, home of Hurricane Katrina's aftermath. I know you will love it here at the stew. And Frank is right. We are nosy and we love pictures.

5. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Hiya Lara [​IMG] you've found a fun group, I know you'll love it here,too. :-D I sure do.

I look forward to getting to know more about you and your gardens,
    and I'm truly thrilled [​IMG] at the prospect of getting to enjoy (albeit vicariously)
    your spring and summer seasons,
    whilst shivering in my slippers and sipping hot cocoa.

I hope you'll share LOTS of pictures. [​IMG]

Advertisement
  6. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Welcome Lara, from south Louisiana. Great to have you at the Stew. Can't wait for pics.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

A welcome this time from Scotland Lara. You're going to love it here!! We have friends in Melbourne who laugh when we tell them that we've got frost here at the moment - now I wonder why?!!! :rolleyes:

8. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Welcome Lara im cajunbelle other half. Glad to have you here I have always had an ahnvee to see Austrailia So I am counting on you to give us some pics.(No pressure here ) We can be a nosy bunch and some people , I wont mention any names are a little, how should I say this, off center. I however am a beacon of sanity. :rolleyes: :eek:

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Beacon of sanity.....reggaefan, you have such a great sense of humor. :eek:

Welcome Lara, from north Texas. I am the sane one, except during our summer time then I whine and complain about the heat but the rest of the year I am quite rational.

I think you will have a good time here...but we do require pictures, we love pictures. :-D

10. essenceoftime

essenceoftime Seedling

Dear All
    Thank you for your welcome and kind words. I was doing search for gardening forum and found this one. Than was reading some posts on so many different subjects and decided to join.

I love plants and trying to learn as much as I can about them. My interests are changing all the time - from bonsai to roses to water plants to fruit trees to tropical plants and currently orchids and growing my own organic vegetables. Its the end of spring here in Sydney area and I've just planted small vegetable garden with heritage varieties of seeds collected by "Seed Saver's Network".I am using companion planting and have many herbs in my vegetable garden.

My passion is Vibrational/Energetic/Healing - Medicine and I love making, using , mapping and analyzing essences and finding practical and modern applications to old healing traditions and modalities. Love working with plants and flowers and stones and crystals and metals and interlock them with ancient and traditional healing energy systems.

My current interests are "living fossils" - plants that been discovered recently - Wolemi Pine, Nightcap Oak and Huon Pine from Tasmania - the energy and vibrations of these plants have so much to offer in terms of our modern life living and so much to learn from them - they all kept their genetic imprint intact since the earth was formed and now , probably when we are ready, showing their true purpose and reason for being here. There is so much to learn from plants!

Thank you again for welcoming me to this community - I promise I will post pictures when I figure out how to do it - I am still finding my way around

Love Lara

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Hi Lara from South Central Texas.Glad you joined our Stew .I now know I need to live in Australia in the winter and back to Texas in the spring and from August to Oct . in Montana.That would be great.I would have the best of all worlds :D :-D .
    I could be digging and planting all time.wow that would be a great life
    I can't wait to see pictures.

12. bethie

bethie Young Pine

Welcome from West Tennessee. Looking forward to getting to know you gardenwise and otherwise. Herbs Rule! 8)

13. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Welcome from the state of Michigan. Looking forward to seeing your pictures.

14. englishrose

englishrose Seedling

Welcome from Washington State. I just joined today because I was sad having put my gardens to sleep for the winter. This will be a good place to dream and plan for spring.

15. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Wow, we are getting quite a contingent from WA state. Welcome ER. from New Orleans where we really don't have winter much although it is 40 this am.

16. essenceoftime

essenceoftime Seedling

Thank you all for your welcome

Everyone talking about winter, but we here right at the end of spring - yesterday it was 35C (90+F) warm and beautiful - so much to do in the gardens before the heat starts and so little time...

I am trying to post pictures - hopefully it will work out - this is home - about 1.5h north of Sydney.

[​IMG]

Love Lara