Hello from mid Michigan

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by thesecretgarden, Jun 30, 2006.

1. thesecretgarden

thesecretgarden Seedling

Hi,
    My name is Liz,I live in Michigan, zone 5. I have done some browsing already and decided to sign up here because I like reading about flowers from other peoples point of view and looking at pictures of peoples gardens. I ran across this forum by accident and put it in my favorites quite some time ago, but today I decided to join.

I added an Avatar, but I don't know if it will work right. So here goes, let's see...

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. newguy4742
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. PJTN
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi there Liz, great that you finally decided to jump in and join in our fun and learn heaps! :sete_003: We have some members from Michigan already so you will feel right at home here.

Let me know if you have questions regarding getting your avatar to work. I'll be more than happy to help.

Looking forward to getting to know you. Don't forget to add your birthday to our calendar, add yourself to our member map and check out our great blogs (but I'm sure you may have done that already :smt023).

4. thesecretgarden

thesecretgarden Seedling

Thanks for the welcome, I have to do some work on pictures for my avatar. I have a new camera and for some reason even though I change the pixels on my picture to 128 it still comes in WAY above the KB allowed where with my old camera I did not have any problems reducing pic's. I'll play around with it later, I've already spent over an hour trying to figure out the reason and have to get chores done. I'm glad to be here and looking forward to the next time I can come in and browse.

Thanks again,

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Looks like the avatar is working now Liz, I like the way it has your signature, sweet :D

Enjoy your chores!

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Liz - love the avatar - the flower is my favourite colour!!!!

Lovely to have you here with us at GardenStew and I'm really looking forward to getting to know you. :-D

7. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Welcome LIZ! Cant wait to get to know you and see pics of your gardens!

8. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Hello Liz welcome on board!! I look forward to getting to know you and sharing our gardens together!

9. thesecretgarden

thesecretgarden Seedling

Wow, gardeners are from all over the world in here! This is great!

I'm still fussing with my avatar, after trial and error at least I got one up to the right size. I like to make my own with flowers from my garden and am glad I kept my old camera, at least I know I can ust that camera to make new ones. I like to change it with whatever is blooming currently.

Thanks for the warm welcome and I am looking forward to seeing all of your pictures which I will be looking at for a few days before I post any of my own. I just love looking at other gardeners pictures because my own I've seen already... :D

10. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Many welcomes from the West Coast too, Liz - glad to have you among us!

11. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Welcome to a fellow Michigander. I am a new member so am just getting my feet wet at this site. I don't have the equipment at the present to submit any photos. I hope to have a new camera soon. Look forward to seeing your pictures and share growing secrets for Michigan weather. Polly

12. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Welcome from the Deep South, love your daylilies. I have several different varietis and am always looking to trade for new ones.

13. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Speaking of Michigan weather. I was just out doing my Friday evening weeding. Who but a gardener would think weeding was Friday night entertainment. While weeding, I found more damage from Wednesday's hail storm than I had first thought. My hostas are full of holes, branches broke off of the butterfly bushes, the lillies really took a hit, - the list goes on. But on the good side, my Queen of the Prairie was protected by the house and is now just starting to bloom. Actually everything at the front of the house was protected and had no damage. It's not the first time that hail in June has damaged my flowers and I am sure it won't be the last. Polly

14. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Welcome from sunny Arizona which isn't so sunny right now. It's storming again. Day number 6. Not much rain this time. Could use some right about now? Dooley

15. mkennedy15

mkennedy15 New Seed

From the Great Lake State also, Liz

Hello Liz...

I really enjoy living in this state. Get ready for the autumn weather, luv... :-D

Have a great day!!

16. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Hi Liz, Welcome from New Orleans, La. As a born/raised Michigander, I like seeing others here.

Jan, the pondlady in New Orleans