Hello from pennsylvania

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by holly, Jun 20, 2007.

1. holly

holly New Seed

Hi, my name is Holly. I am new to the computer, so please bear with me as I try to work through my first time on a website like this. I find working in my flower gardens most relaxing and love to bake when I have time. I found this site because I am interested in constructing stone fairy houses for my shade garden. Can someone please supply me with directions on making them. I have been searching the web and haven't found a whole lot as far as directions for stone fairy houses. Glad to be apart of this fun and informative site. Holly

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Holly, welcome to the Stew from north Texas. Glad you found us.

Check out the Hobbies and Crafts forum, there are several of our members who have been planning and building faery houses.

I haven't built one yet, but I would guess you can either start with a bird house and decorate it or build one with assorted sticks or stones.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello Holly so glad you found our forums. :-D I'm sure that some of our members will be able to help you out with building stone fairy houses. If you have any questions just ask as we're a helpful bunch here and there's bound to be somone who can give you all the information you need.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Welcome to GardenStew Holly, you'll love it here. Let us know if you need help getting comfortable or finding your way around. What got you interested in faery houses?

// Frank

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hi Holly :wave:
    Welcome to the stew from southern Ontario!

7. teddybear

teddybear In Flower

HI from Texas again. Good luck with the fairy house. Hanging out here has really had an impact on my todo list.

8. holly

holly New Seed

eileen,

So glad to hear from someone from scotland. My husband raises Highland cattle here in our little village. They are a big attraction here. We often have people stop by and ask about them. We would love to visit Scotland someday, when the children are older. I also raise Southdown Babydoll sheep. I am not (or was not) much of a country girl until I met my husband. Now after 17 years of being together, I've given in and now have my own little critters to take care of. It has been fun....

9. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Hi Holly, [​IMG] welcome to the Stew, it's great to meet you.

I haven't had a computer for very long myself.
    One of the very first things I did (once I finally gave in and got a computer)
    was to join gardening discussions. :-D

Great folks all chatting about what is so near and dear to my heart. :smt023