Hello from Penrith Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by minigarden, May 26, 2007.

1. minigarden

minigarden New Seed

Hello,

I am Jess. I have been teaching English in Okinawa Japan for three years. I have just returned to my home town of Penrith which is located approximately 1 hour from the city of Sydney. I have a degree in business and tourism and have just finalised a contract to purchase my very first home. I love gardening and am looking for ideas and advice for my new home. I move in two weeks. I lived in a small flat in Japan and have missed gardening. I am looking forward to getting my gardening gloves on and back into the dirt.

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A warm welcome to GardenStew Jess. I'd say there where many beautiful gardens in Okinawa? Feel free to join in any of or discussions or start your own f you'd like. I hope we can help you out and that we can learn from you also.

Be sure to check out our blogs, member map and calendar 8)

// Frank

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Jess, welcome to the Stew from north Texas.
    A new home is so exciting, congratulations. Hope we can all help you get a wonderful garden started.

5. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Hello Jess from Central Texas.I know you are excited about your new home.
    Congratulations.Hope we can help and learn from you.

Advertisement
  6. teddybear

teddybear In Flower

Hello from the Texas Panhandle. It must feel great to be back home. Good luck with the new house.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello from me too. :D I'm from West Lothian in Scotland and look forward to giving you any help I can with your new garden. Playing in the dirt has to be my all time favourite thing!!!
    How about posting a photograph of your garden as it is now and giving us an outline of what you want to do with it. You could then post progress piccies as you get things sorted out.

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hello Jess :wave:
    Welcome to the stew from southern Ontario!
    Congratulations on your new home!

9. minigarden

minigarden New Seed

What a warm welcome. It is wonderful to be back home in Australia. I missed my family and friends.

Okinawa is a beautiful city with beautiful gardens and a lovely subtropical climate. My favourite was the southeast botanical garden. I would love to share some photos. This is not possible as my laptop, camera, and a few other personal items were lost on my trip back from Japan. It was heartbreaking. Does that mean that I have a reason to go back to get some more pictures?

In two weeks time I will borrow a camera from my dad to get some pictures of my garden. The garden is very dull now. I hope to change that.

10. Chitweed

Chitweed In Flower

Welcome to the community garden Jess. I'm sure your home and garden will have your own style in no time (even if right now you're not sure what that style is for your new home) Every gardener has their own particular favorites. I can't wait to see what you do with the place. 'Before' and 'after' stories are always wonderful!! :)