Hello from Seattle!

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by lisasid, Oct 28, 2006.

1. lisasid

lisasid New Seed

Hi Everyone,
    Greetings from Seattle! My name is Lisa. My boyfriend and I bought a house a year and a half ago in Beacon Hill (south of downtown if you know seattle a bit). The house is great, and we have a good sized yard for living in the city, but the previous owners were not crafts-people by any means...and they must have had big dogs....so the yard needs WORK!! My boyfriend P is not that interested in yard work, so its just me fiddling around outside, so I thought I would join your group to have some "instant" pals to share ideas and ask questions to. I'm not that garden savy but am excited to get our yard to a stage where we 1: arent embarrassed to have the neighbors look over the fence, and 2: actually want to spend time out there. Looking forward to talking to you all!
    Lisa Sid

2. Loading...

3. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Welcome Lisa from Cajun country, Louisiana I think you will like it here at the stew.

4. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Another welcome from Louisiana, New Orleans this time. I love Seattle and know Beacon Hill well. We just sold a condo in Friday Harbor and visited there as often as we could. You can have the most beautiful gardens in the country there.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Lisa and welcome to our gang at the Stew. I hope we can help you to transform your yard. We're here to help :)

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

A welcome from me too Lisa from Scotland. Ask as many questions as you like as we love to help folks out here at the Stew. :-D

7. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Welcome from another W. Washingtonian! I'm in Pierce County.

Muddy

8. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Hi Lisa, [​IMG] *waving to you from the far side*
    Welcome, from the coast of North Carolina.

9. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Hello from just a little farther south! How much privacy do you have/want in the yard? Are you going for making it pretty for others to see, or pretty for yourselves?

10. lisasid

lisasid New Seed

response to Primsong and everyone

Hi Everyone and thank you for the warm welcome! Primrose asked about how much privacy do we want. We are on a corner lot, so we are definitely exposed, but thats ok. the house does have a tall fence around the back yard that I am hoping to replace in time with a fence a bit more 'see through' that would then have a border of plants do the screening. Our neighbors to the south also have a tall chain link fence with white metal strips running through the holes. I would like to plant in front of their fence as well to soften that edge. I'll send a pic of a plan I've started for our raised vegie beds in the next few weeks. would love to hear everyone's thoughts. talk soon!

11. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Hello Lisa, from a Louisiana girl. Sounds as if your yard has a lot of potential. Can't wait to see what you do with it.