Hello from south carolina

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Ada grant, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Ada grant

Ada grant New Seed

Hello my new friends. Please please excuse me for not knowing how to on my new I pad. I just got this thing not to long ago and FB is about all I have ventured into along with of course jewelry shopping. I was once a Gardner but I am now disabled and cannot walk. So I am so longing to get dirt under my,nails and on my are feet so I am hoping to find ways to garden from a sitting position lol but I really do long to grow.so I am planning on this year to attempt some small amount of at least herb gardening. I also want to do a moss container garden for frogs or fairies,,,we will see. So,agin I hope I do not do,anything wrong and if I do please advise me of it so I will not replete. Thank you all my new friends. Peace n blessings,

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Welcome the the GardenStew, from the coastline of karachi Pakistan! :D

Yes, you have indeed come to the right place. We have members from all over the world! And so you'll get plenty of free flowing advice! However be warned, that we can be a bit nosy too - As for every single picture of any plant or tree that you'll upload, we'll ask to see 3 more! :D

As for the disability issue, well, it's not really an issue here. Gardening from a sitting position is actually very common when it comes to Bonsais (the Japanese art of miniaturizing trees). Other pots and containers too can be placed on a table (in which vegetables and flowers can grow) - So many of us do this already! Therefore worry not, as you've come to the right place! :D

We also have a great plant and seed exchange here, where our members trade and gift seeds to one and other! So you'll have a great time exploring that section too! And we also have members who have experimented with hydroponics too (which too can be done from a sitting position). So once more, I say again that you indeed have arrived at the right place. Please enjoy and feel totally at home here!
    :stew1:

Frank likes this.
  4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Welcome from Pa.....

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there Ada and a warm welcome to our forums from Scotland. I, too, am disabled (chronic arthritis) but try my best to do as much as possible with plants. I look forward to getting to know you.

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Hi and welcome from SE Texas. Can't wait to see your new ventures in gardening! :stew2:

7. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Hi and welcome from a hot distant land.

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Ada and a hearty welcome to GardenStew!
    I think once a gardener, always a gardener. I've never met an ex-gardener :)

You will meet so many wonderful people here at GardenStew. Not only are they very knowledgable but they really help and support whatever the subject :)

9. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Hi Ada, welcome to GardenStew from Chelmsford MA. There are so many things to do from a sitting position. Like S-H says, a lot of gardening is done sitting down. As for a moss container, I started one last year. I haven't looked at it since last fall as it is a sealed container. It now sits on the deck in winter mode. I suppose I could take a picture. There are so many different mosses, a container of them could be quite creative. Anyway, welcome aboard.

Jerry

10. CariAnn88

CariAnn88 Seedling

Hi and welcome from Bolton Uk :)