HELLO FROM SOUTH GEORGIA

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by jbaby7162000, May 22, 2006.

1. jbaby7162000

jbaby7162000 New Seed

Hello im from south georgia

i love gardening i have plenty of flower beds thats is just coming up.

i have two grown kids and four grands... :-D :-D

2. Loading...

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Howdy! Nice to meet you! What sort of flowers are you growing in those lovely southern beds?

4. jbaby7162000

jbaby7162000 New Seed

SOUTH GEORGIA

hi thanks for replying,im growing zinnas and cannas, lilies, and some roses,wildflowers and some cut flowers. :) :)

5. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

You can probably grow all sorts of fun things, being where it's both warmer and more humid than I - do you get much in the way of a 'winter' there? I'm just starting work on a raised bed for some blueberry bushes, but it's wide enough that I'm planning on a row of cut flowers in front of them - dreams for next year.

Lilies are marvelous how they always just come back - mine haven't opened yet, they'll probably come out about the time my irises die back - mostly tiger-lilies and day-lilies.

I'll have to be thinking on what flowers to plant for cutting then. Do you end up really cutting them, or usually just enjoy them in the flower-beds? They're often so lovely growing I have a hard time whacking them off! :rolleyes:

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi JoJo!!!

I have an area for wildflowers in my garden here in Scotland. We'll have to compare notes!! I'd love to see pictures of your garden as it sounds lovely with the variety of plants you have in it.

WELCOME to Gardenstew and I hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do. :-D

7. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Hi jojo , a warm welcome from Bugs , hope you enjoy yourself here on gardenstew .
    8) Bugs

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi there JoJo, you are very welcome here at GardenStew, we are a great bunch of friendly people here so feel free to ask any questions you'd like 8)

We have to see some photos of your flower beds, I'm sure you have lots of lovely blooms for us all to see :D

9. jbaby7162000

jbaby7162000 New Seed

THANK U ALL FOR YOUR WARM WELCOME

i want to thank u all for your warm welcome.no it doesnt get to cold here,it may get too the thirties occassion in the twenties .no i dont cut my flowers i just let them grow and they are way from being ready they are just babies now.i hope they hurry up and grow before it gets to hot on them.we do have a hot summer...hope to see yall again,i know leave the southern slang out...hehhe :)

10. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Hey Jojo!Welcome!! I use the southern slang too Being from east Texas it's hard not to!! hehe! I grow wildflowers too and I don't cut them either, they are just too gorgeous in the flowerbeds!! We all look forward to seeing photos of your garden!!

11. gardenplansireland

gardenplansireland Seedling

Hi there JoJo,
    welcome to the stew.

12. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Where in south Georgia? I have friends in Hawkinsville, about 30 miles south of Macon. Welcome from Ohio!

13. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

HI and WELCOME! Im from Fl but just moved to Lafayette, La. I can understand the hot summers! I also speak fluent sotuhern slang! HA! I can wait to see pics of your roses! Im a rose FREAK! IMHO...HAHAH!