Hello from Vancouver!

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by chloe3789, Jun 25, 2011.

1. chloe3789

chloe3789 New Seed

Hello, I am thrilled to be here. We have just bought our first home, and now waiting to move in, in Aug. Sadly I will miss the prime planting season, but I still have the interior to decorate, so I am exciting to show you all my ideas, and get some feedback!

Jenni

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Chloe, welcome to GardenStew from north Texas. And congratulations on your new home. When you get your garden started don't forget to take photos of before, during and after and we would love to see any of them you wish to share.

4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Jenni,
    welcome to GardenStew,..hope you can pick up some useful ideas and plant to choose from for when you start your new garden,..and congrats on your new home.

5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Hi Jenni welcome to GardenStew from Chelmsford MA, with lots of forums, blogs and gardens there is something for everyone.

Jerry

Advertisement
  6. chloe3789

chloe3789 New Seed

thanks!

Thanks for the warm welcomes, I will definately take befores and afters of the garden. It's pretty much a clean slate right now. A couple of over grown garden areas, but it has so much potential! It's going to be fun!

7. Miss Liberty

Miss Liberty Seedling

Hi Jenni, from Wyoming. Welcome to GardenStew. I'm fairly new, as well. Like you, my husband and I just bought our first house. Thankfully, however, I think I made it in time for the growing season.

8. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Hi Jenni, welcome to the Stew from Wadsworth, OH.

9. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Hi Jenny, and welcome from south central MO. sounds like you will have a lot of fun decorating and putting in your garden ideas.

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Jenni and congratulations on your new home. I have a feeling you're going to really enjoy putting your house and garden in order once you move in. I'll look forward to seeing your before and after pictures.

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Jenni, welcome to GardenStew. Don't worry, growing season always comes back around and rewards you for your patience.

12. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Welcome to the Stew from the north-western coast of Norway. My, you've got something to look forward to! Imagine, a whole new garden. :D

I wouldn't worry about loosing the growing season. You've probably got enough to do indoors. We didn't have time for our garden during our first year in our house. We'll still be here when the next season comes around.

13. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Welcome from SE Texas. Congrats on the new home! I recently started from a blank slate too. You are going to have so much planning and creating your new garden(s).
    And there's lots of knowledgeable folks here if you need some help along the way.

14. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Welcome from south of your border. Whistler is from your region also. What a treat, new house and yard! Lots of fun! Can't wait to hear about your plans.

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Welcome from another Texas person. I started with a garden carved out of brush and trees that seem to want to keep growing back. New gardens are a challenge but very rewarding. Decorating a new house is also challenging. Both are never ending and will provide enjoyment for years to come. Just when you think you are finished an idea will pop into your head and you will find yourself trying to make room for just "one" more thing. We'll help you with the ideas and provide information, too.
    dooley

16. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

I can't garden much anymore, age caught up with me, but I'm willing to help when I can. I'm in central Illinois. wannabe