Help, could this be Ginger Snaps?

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by crazyabout, Jun 22, 2014.

1. crazyabout

crazyabout New Seed

[​IMG]

Hope this works. In pic resizing i get a D+. I got his one last year from a local hybridizer but forgot the name. I know in a month i can go back and check if she has not tilled it under.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Clay_22
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Bosque
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Tina

Tina Young Pine

I believe it is a kind of day lily.

purpleinopp likes this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You will probably have to go back and ask her. If she didn't go through the registration process for new hybrids and make it and the name official there really isn't a way to find out for sure except to ask her.

I can find no Daylillies on line with the name Ginger Snap, there is one named Heavenly Ginger Snap but it doesn't look like yours.

5. crazyabout

crazyabout New Seed

Yes i will probably have to go back when its in bloom. They are only a few miles from my house and going there is like a kid in a candy store for me.
    Okay i have another one and its a tuffy because i have seen so many yellow ones like it.
    Its late June to early July bloomer no more than 2 ft.tall and always blooms in great abundance. Blooms for solid 3 weeks most years and i have owned it for 10-12 years and blooms are 3.5 inches maybe 4. Thanks.

[​IMG]

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  6. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Both are beautiful!! None of mine are blooming yet but starting to get scapes and a few big buds :-D

7. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Those are both beautiful day lilies. I love the shape of the yellow one. Does it have a scent?

Identifying daylilies is very difficult once you loose the tag. Like hostas there are thousands of varieties and they self sew from seed too adding to numbers. I have a little early fragrant yellow that came from the birds that is a favorite of mine.

I couldn't find any that looked just like yours but here are a few sites to browse. Your daylily looks like a real treasure.

http://plantpreview.blogspot.com/2011/05/luminous-key-largo-moon-daylily-blooms.html

http://www.tranquil-lake.com/catalog/Season/Extra early.htm

This last hybridizer has a lot of new varieties to browse through. Be sure to scroll clear down the page.
    http://adenahems.blogspot.com