Help ! Mandarin tree leaves yellowing

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Lieveta, May 29, 2013.

1. Lieveta

Lieveta New Seed

Hello, my mandarin tree started yellowing and I was told to put some bluestone copper sulfate. I bought it and followed the instructions of dissolving it in water and spread it around the trees.I started watering the tree afterwards and the next day the leaves colour started to turn even more yellowish and somewhat started to curl as well. Can someone tell me why this happened and how to fix this problem? Could it be that some of the sulfate went into the roots because I started watering the tree ? Here are some photos provided:

http://s24.postimg.org/e15k2v8hh/P5290135.jpg
    http://s16.postimg.org/xq46x5fwl/P5290137.jpg
    http://s21.postimg.org/qpcvptvo7/P5290139.jpg

2. Loading...

3. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Hi Lieveta, and welcome here! I am glad to meet you.

Sorry, I do not not know the answer to your problem, but hopefully someone else here will know what your problem is. I live in Missouri, USA and far as I know that tree does not grow here.

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I have a very small mandarin... but know practically nothing about it. It has a few very very small fruit on it now. I'll be watching to see what other's say in case I have this problem in the future.

5. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

Are mandarin trees deciduous or evergreens? I think it is autumn down under where you live ? Up top here, trees lose their leaves and turn colors in the autumn.

Advertisement
  6. Lieveta

Lieveta New Seed

Thank you for your help guys ! I've got help from some experts and now my tree is becoming more and more healthier by day. Here is what I was told and hope it will help those with the same problems:

'' First, please spray the entire plant with a seaweed or fish emulsion – there are plenty of spray-on packs on the market. Then we’d suggest some willow tea:

Then, please water in a handful of sulphate of potash, along with some pelletised chook manure (dynamic lifter). Mulch heavily over the top, keeping the mulch away from the trunk.

We suggest you continue the tonic seaweed/fish spray until the leaves recover.''

7. chocolate

chocolate In Flower

Hi Lieveta, welcome here.You are actually in my territory, all those good things you have done, there is one more thing, a couple of handfuls of Epsom salts[from supermarket] in a watering can, water around roots, it will help to sweeten the fruit too.

8. Lieveta

Lieveta New Seed

Thank you chocolate !

9. mart

mart Strong Ash

Sound as if your problem was nutrient poor soil ?

10. Lieveta

Lieveta New Seed

I'm not quite sure but it's getting better and healthier by day so all good :)