Help my tomatoe plants are sick :'(

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by The Lazy g, Oct 16, 2006.

1. The Lazy g

The Lazy g New Seed

[​IMG]
    Hey there as you can see in the picture I am having some trouble with my tomatoe plants! :'( Anyways, these are the same plants from before that I showed ;and in the pic there is 3 problems I am having!
    1. Why are the roots shooting out above the dirt?
    2. Look at my leaves some are shrilveled up and dieing.
    3. Do I need to support these plants some how? and how?

So those are the problems ,and could this be from
    1. To much water?
    2. To much fertilizer?
    3. I dont kno :-?

So please give me some tips or adivce or something so my babies don't die. Thanks in advcance for your time

2. Loading...

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

How big are those pots? Maybe bigger pots so you can plant them a little deeper. Are they kept inside or outside? Do they need more sun? Dooley

4. The Lazy g

The Lazy g New Seed

hmm i was hoping to leave them in those pots. There on a porch in my backyard I notticed they strive for light in one direction ,but I am scared that if I put them in my back yard in full sun they would die from all the rain due to me living in the rain forest it rains basically 6 days a week where I live

5. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Thr tomato plants make thos roots because they are root bound ie need bigger pots. Whe you plant tomatoes outside you can bury up to teo thyirds of the plant ina trench for a good root system when you repot put thema little deeper to cover the roots that have grown on the stalks. Tomtoes are heavy feeders try some Miracle Gro tomato food.

6. pondlady

pondlady Young Pine

Richard is right. When you repot or put outside, lay those stems right down in a trench.