Help with me little citrus tree that we brought indoors.

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by DaphDaph, Dec 23, 2007.

1. DaphDaph

DaphDaph Seedling

A few weeks ago we brought in our little citrus plant. I placed by the sliding glass door so the little tree could get light during the day. We keep the heater on 71 or a little warmer(I hate being cold). I water the little tree often so it will not dry out. The leaves started to curl and fall off. I checked the soil and it is not to dry or too wet so I though that the plant needs more light. A couple of nights ago I went upstairs and took my husbands natural light reading floor lamp. I have it over the little tree and turned on during the day and some of the night.
    My question is, will this work or do I need to get a different lamp?
    I've been fussy over this little tree all year and I be danged if I'm going to let it die now. :!:

2. Loading...

3. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

It may have lost leaves just because its been moved. Acclimating and all that. Treat it as you have been and I think it'd do fine.

4. timestocome

timestocome New Seed

Probably the humidity or lack of humidity.

Outside is about 50% depending on where you live. The driest desert is about 15%, your house is likely about 5% in winter.

Try it in a more humid location in your home.

5. prasunsen

prasunsen New Seed

If you use air condition it may reduce the hummidity. I've "killed" few plants until i realize that.