Help with paint colors for TINY bathroom

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Charl, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Charl

Charl New Seed

Hi everyone!

I live in a mobile home and am in the process of having a new bathroom installed. Its TINY and I love darker colors but don't want it swallowed up in darkness. Any ideas? The flooring is white and various shades of brown, Im leaning towards green....I will also be painting the vanity and medicine cabinet...

2. Loading...

3. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

I also live in a mobile home. One of my bathrooms is very small. The other is larger with a garden tub and separate shower. Does your bathroom have a window. That might make a big difference, depending on whether you have natural light. But I think green sounds lovely, if it is a fairly light shade. You are right, dark colors in a small room, tend to close it up. Let us see your completed work!

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I agree that dark colours wouldn't be the best thing for a small bathroom. You can get some lovely delicate shades of green which would look lovely though. Make sure the paint you use is waterproof and mould resistant as well as a matt. You could maybe paint the vanity and medicine cabinet a darker shade of green with a satin paint to give them definition. Good luck and, if you can, do show us some before and after photographs please.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

And if you want darker colours, choose bathroom fabrics that you like and see how it turns out.

Advertisement
  6. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Use lots of mirrors! That is a trick I learned on the DIY network :D

7. Charl

Charl New Seed

Thank you!

Thanks for all the replies! My bathroom does not have a window. I had planned to do a darker green and then perhaps sponge it with a light light green. Possiably doing the vanity in a creamy yellow..Spring colors with a floral theme possiably. Or maybe doing half dark, the upper half light. I can't decide! previously it was a total disaster, floors rotting, pipes leaking etc. I will try to post some previous pics if I can figure out how to do it! I had also heard to use alot of mirrors to open up the room too, Thanks again everyone!!
    Charl

8. Mmepaulita

Mmepaulita New Seed

I personally have a dark sage green in my bathroom. I have used dark wood as my vanity and white as my biggest contrast. My wall tile,toilet,sink,etc are all white. I have wainscoting that is white but I am sure you could get the same effect if you painted it yourself.