help with sweet pepper plant

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by w459, Sep 8, 2006.

1. w459

w459 New Seed

I have a sweet pepper plant that is about 3 weeks old now and almost has 4 full leaves. Until now the plant has been growning with no problems. Im growing them indoors with sunlight and fluorescent lights.

Today I noticed the leaves on all 8 of my plants started to curl upwards and inwards at the edges. Theres no discoloration or anything of the sort so i dont understand why its happening.

Nothing like this has ever happend to me before, but then again im fairly new to gardening. any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there w459.

I don't know what exactly can be affecting your sweet peppers but I found this website that may prove helpful to you.

http://plantanswers.tamu.edu/vegetables/pepper.html

Get back to me if you can't find an answer to your problem and I'll see what else I can do to help.

4. southern bell

southern bell Seedling

Is it watered just a little daily? Might need to turn off the light at night. Give it time to sleep. Might be getting too much light and growing too fast. Add a little potting soil around the base and water daily but not too heavy. At 3 to 4 inches tall, and a stout stem, sart feeding with a liquid fertilzer like miracle grow.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi w459,

After doing a quick bit of research I have a couple of possibilities presented themselves. See if any of these stand out:

- Excessive heat and/or low humidity (above 30 deg C)
    - Magnesium deficiency.
    - A rather ominous sounding pepper leaf curl virus :eek: (hope it's not that)

What do you think? Oh and welcome to the community by the way ;)