Hey Bugs!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by eileen, Feb 23, 2006.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Meant to ask sooner............ how is your elbow now? Still suffering or has it cleared up? Fingers crossed it's 100% now. :kiss:

2. Loading...

3. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Thanks for asking Eileen :D its fine again . I think I might be allergic to hard work :D Seriously though , It is repetive strain injury and is an occupational nuisance . Over the years I abused my body doing very heavy landscape work and now I paying for it . I try to limit the amount of landscape jobs I do and stick to maintenance . But my first love is making and building designs for impossible gardens .
    At the moment I trying to write a guide to garden design for absolute beginners , as I think most of the books out do not suit the layman and can be too intimidating . The first chapter is written and is called
    Keep It Simple . Which is my first principle 8) Bugs

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Maybe that is my problem. Design. I go to the store or look in catalogs and see something I like. I buy it and come home and plant it. Helter-skelter, no sense at all. Dooley

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

You should sell your guide as an ebook Bugs. Considered it?

As I said my brother is a garden designer and he teaches evening classes on Garden Design basics. Having read through his lecture notes I agree that keeping it basic is the way to go. Even if you are reading as an advanced gardener.

6. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Thanks guys for the encouragment :idea: Its a good bit away but Im going to give it a serious try . I like the idea of an ebook Frank .
    Still lots of research to do . Anyone like to tell me how they feel about existing design books . What you would like to see ! 8) Bugs