Hi from Colorado, USA

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by Trailmix, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Trailmix

Trailmix New Seed

Hi everyone,

I don't consider myself a "gardener" but my house I moved into a year and a half ago has some garden space. There's a small corner patch just big enough for 3 cantaloupe plants, which I grew last year. This year I'm thinking about kale and some herbs. I have to make it easy because I'm expecting our 2nd child in April. Then we also have a raised bed along the back fence in 3 sections. Currently there are 2 beautiful rose bushes at one end, a scrawny, sorry rose at the other, and various bulbs scattered sparsely in between. I think I'm going to put blueberries in there after the encouragement of several helpful forum members. Hopefully I can relocate my 2 good roses to the front yard successfully.

I'm glad I found this friendly forum where I can ask my gardening questions. I'm sure I'll be back. Thanks.

Trailmix
    Fort Collins, CO (zone 6, I think)

2. Loading...

3. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

Welcome aboard. Spent some happy hours hunting outside Vail, Co. I remember many happy hours, trying to catch my breath at 11000 ft. above sea level. Also remember sitting outdoors at a burger joint there in shirt sleeves, enjoying the warm sunshine with snow over my ankles. A neat place.

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Welcome Trailmix, hope you enjoy the Stew. April is not far off, are you having a boy or a girl. It will be fun to share the rest of your pregnancy with you here on the Stew.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Trailmix and welcome to the Stew :) Congrats on your second child, all the best wishes from Sweden! Very much looking forward to your presence on the forums ;)

// Frank

Advertisement
  6. Gizmo

Gizmo Animal Magnet

Welcome to the Garden from S.E. Florida. Everyone here is very helpful,nice, and friendly. Please do share your last few months on your pregnancy with us.

7. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

welcome from south Louisiana

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Hi Trailmix I'm from Central Texas .I'm glad to have you joined
    us on our Stew.My daughter Heather expecting (her second boy) at the end of April or first of May.We all will be following your progress.

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi there Trailmix - lovely to have you here with us. WELCOME from West Lothian in Scotland.
    Just take thing easy in the garden for now as we don't want you overdoing things in your condition. :rolleyes: You could always spent time on your computer though getting to know us as we love to have new folks to talk to. :-D

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Hello Trailmix :wave:
    Welcome from southern Ontario. So glad you found us!
    I worked out in my gardens until the day my 3rd child was born in July of 2003! I found it very therapeutic. My other 2 were born in the winter or I'm sure I would have been out there too!

11. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Trailmix, welcome to the Stew from north Texas. Ooooh, a baby....glad it is you and not me tho, been there done that now it is time to spoil the grand kids. :-D
    Do you have an approximate due date in April yet? I am an April baby, the 29th.

I lived in Wheatridge (NW Denver suburb) for a year and in Evergreen for 10 months and in the mountains outside of Kittridge for about 6 months (the closest I ever got to having 'hippy days') back in the early 70's.

12. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

Welcome Trailmix, [​IMG] glad you've joined the group.

13. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Welcome Trailmix from Michigan. Hope to see pictures of your garden as it progresses.

14. Trailmix

Trailmix New Seed

Thank you all for the welcome. It's a boy due April 29th. I also have a 2-1/2 year old girl who is very excited about the baby brother coming.