Hi from Finland!

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by ElisaP, Aug 29, 2006.

1. ElisaP

ElisaP New Seed

Hello everyone. I just joined in and decided to introduce myself immediately. I'm an interior designer from Finland. Living in a big farm house with my husband and one cockerspaniel Muttley. My hobbies are belly dancing, writing and reading, traveling and hosting few forums on the internet.

We have a big garden (well, actually it's huge if you include all the fields and forests too) and it's not in very good shape. This farm has been a property of my husbands family for ages and now I'm the new lady in the house. I have some pictures, let's see if I manage to add them. Oh yes, here we go. Sorry the pictures might be huge:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/url]

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello Elisa. It's lovely to have you here. You're our first member from Finland. :D

What a marvelous property you have - all that space!!! Your roses and lilac are beautiful but I'm stuck on the name of the third flowers you've shown us. Are they harebells?
    I have a feeling that all our male members mght just like to see a piccie of you in your belly dancing outfit. :D :D

Looking forward to getting to know you. :-D

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Elisa and welcome to GardenStew. I am in your neighbouring county, the beautiful Sweden (Malmö to be precise). Nice to have more Scandinavian representation on the forums :D I have met many Finns in my time and they are very friendly and interesting people.

You have a really beautiful property and so much room to experiment. Glad to have you on the forums.

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Hello Elisa ,Welcome to Garden stew.I'm from the Lone Star state Of Texas.Loved the flowers all of them.I think you would have a blast fixing all kinds of flower beds .
    Notice Frank is not saying anything about the Belly Dancing. :D

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Welcome from rainy Arizona. I appear to be having everyone's rain. But only for a short while. I love your farm. There are so many plants. I like your red buildings, too. It's a beautiful place. Dooley

6. ElisaP

ElisaP New Seed

Thanks everyone! I'm quite sure you won't be seeing me in my belly dancing outfit, at least not for a while.

Frank: Was it Malmö where they have that cork screw type of building? (I'll have a quick look with Google. Oh yes, what do you think of this: [​IMG]

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Yep that's the Turning Torso Elisa, quite a magnificent looking building. It is all of a 20 minute bike ride away from me :) When you stand next to it you can't help by just go "Wow!".

8. reggaefan

reggaefan Official Poet Laureate

Welcome from Louisiana your farm is gorgeous if Cajun Belle had that much room I would be thin enough to take up belly dancing. The flowers are magnificent and the building is unique to say the least

9. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Hello Elisa, welcome to GardenStew. Your property is beautiful, I sure could use some of your outbuildings. The rose is lovely and so is the lilac. We can't grow lilac here, too hot.

10. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Welcome Elisa Your place looks fantastic. That towering building looks awesome also. Wannabe

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Just think Frank can jump on his bike and ride to see that marvelous building I'm so jealous.

12. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

Welcome Elisa,
    Thanks for sharing the photos. You must feel in heaven surrounded by such beauty. More photos!!I'm envious that you have all that space .
    We have a couple of Finns in our family. My granny is still hanging on in her nineties. Everyone says I look just like her.

muddy

13. Polly

Polly Thumb Gardener

Welcome Elisa. Love the pictures - beautiful roses.

14. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Welcome Elisa -- The pictures are beautiful -- you have a lovely place and such pretty scenery.

15. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

What a beautiful property! Many welcomes, and it is always nice to have representation of other areas. Do you have any plans for your garden this next year?

Frank - very cool building. Wish they would be that creative where we are!