Hill over flowers

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by margie12u, Apr 25, 2011.

1. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Hello everyone! Well I got up this morning and went out to look at the flowers, We have had so much rain and it's not suppose to quit until Thursday,Well any way I went out there and all my flowers were covered up with big dirt mounds over them I mean they covered every flower a big nice and neat hill . The rest of the garden was fine, But I have never seen each flower covered And what ever done it didn't even hurt the flowers, It was almost like they built it were it woundn't hurt the flower, I know it sounds crazy but all that dirt over a flower seems like it would have mashed them, I was almost afraid to uncover them.Sooo what do you all think ? I sure don't know.

Thank you Margie :-?

2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I have seen dirt splashed on to a plant stalk, I suppose if it happened over an extended period of time a 'hill' would develop. To remove the dirt from the flower: if we are talking about a few flowers, a spray bottle of water set to mist would release the flowers from their dirt prison. If there are a lot of flowers, garden centers sell a spray wand attachment for a garden hose with a mist nozzle for watering delicate flowers.

I can post example pictures if you need them.

Jerry