Hope and Toys For Tots

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by halfway, Dec 16, 2012.

1. halfway

halfway Seedling

It is always great to be able to volunteer for an organization handing out toys for the holidays and I look forward to it each year.

I am also very thankful that the number of recipients were down almost 15% this year with all variables constant.

It is so touching to know that many who needed a "hand up" were since able to get themselves on firmer financial footings and did not need us this year.

We also had less demand for warm children's clothes!! I hope this is a sign that self-reliance and the economy are both improving!

stratsmom likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

They have been collecting Toys For Tots . It nice that people do that so child can have hope.That someone cares.

halfway likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Let's keep our fingers crossed that the numbers go down even more by next Christmas halfway. Keep up the good work though as I know just how much it is appreciated by those less fortunate than others.
    We still collect toys and games for children in hospices and those in homes - they deserve to have a happy time over the festive season too.

halfway likes this.
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We always give money to the Marines when they are out collecting for Toys for Tots. I mean, what woman in her right mind can resist a handsome man in a U.S. Marine dress uniform?? ;)

Or a dress military uniform of any branch of the armed forces?

halfway likes this.
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Yes Toni, there is something special about a Marine in dress uniform. Of course, I get all goo-goo over state troopers, firemen, and the guy at the hardware store who has his name embroidered on his red shirt.