How I Celebrated 4 th of July

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by dooley, Jul 5, 2008.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

This is how I celebrated 4th of July. dr helped me pick apricots.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The headband was necessary because what with cooking the jam and boiling the water for scalding jars it was 103 in the kitchen. Sweat was getting into my eyes and stinging.
    [​IMG]

This is the end results of three hours and three batches of apricot jam. The preparation took longer than cooking and bottling the three batches of jam.
    We did have enough apricots left so I could have dr give some to the boy across the street who kept coming to see if they were ripe yet. dr said he had such a big grin on his face when he took them. I hope his mom could make a pie or cobbler with them. dr said he probably sat down and ate them by himself.
    I think he at least shared them.
    Of course, I can't do anything without my trusty helper.
    [​IMG]

dooley

2. Loading...

3. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Yummmmy,They do look so good and your trusty little helper looks so pretty helping you out.

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Mmmmm, I can almost smell that jam! I think I'd like to sit with your helper and wait for the finished product. :D Hopefully your young visitor shared the apricots. I'm so glad he appreciated them so much.

5. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Ohhhh Dooly,,, i love, love, love apricot jam! That looks absolutely mouth watering. All that preperation was so well worth it, don't you think, i know i do.

I also give my jams away, and the feeling of giving is one that just makes me feel so good to know i could help just a little in making someone happy. plus i'm happy as well to share. Well done, and i hope you shared with your little helper, he looks like he worked so hard guarding the floor for what might drop!

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Yummy! I don't make jam but I sure love it when people give me some of theirs LOL