How should i decorate my bedroom

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by Kaddy, Jun 10, 2008.

1. Kaddy

Kaddy New Seed

im buying this rug and i wanted to know which accessories cud i add.My wall is a sort of white/cream and i got a brown theme goin on because of my curtains and walnut cupboard.
    thanks

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'd simply add accessories that match the blue in your carpet Kaddy. Cushions, vases, throws and so on.

4. ParlorjazzJim

ParlorjazzJim New Seed

Hey Kaddy - decorating your bedrm

Without knowing anything else about those drapes and the "brown theme" you have going on, I'd agree with Eileen about finding accessories with that vibrant blue/brown/cream color in throw pillows and/or various sized/shaped glazed ceramic vases/containers of various shapes/sizes in your color scheme - as a grouping or singularly and, if you're into it, decorative trimmings for the drapes and/or pillows in a much smaller pattern that combines your cream/brown/blue. They don't have to be overly fussy unless that's what you like. Blues are notoriously difficult to match so don't fret if you can't get the exact blue. Just remember that these will be distributed A R O U N D the room and not seen as one laying on top of the other - so don't get too caught up in "exact matching" of colors. If you find "close-enough" with the same/similar contrast as your rug, it should look great! Just remember, the more contrast, the more dramatic it looks! So, If you don't want everything "shouting" all over the room, here's a general rule of thumb: There should be one "STAR" in the room and it's accents should play off it...casually scattered about the room. Also remember: this is YOUR room, so it should reflect who you are, and how you want to feel when you're in it.
    Hope this helps some...
    PPJ

5. egoreise

egoreise Seedling

IMO, it would actually look better if the blues were a little mismatched. But to tie the blues together, I'd recommend going to someplace like Ross and looking for a blown glass piece or something like that with a variety of blues in it, including something similar to the blue in your rug.

You can also get creative with the scrapbook paper to do your own wall art. :) Patterns and color combos like this are really popular, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding what you want.

Beautiful choice, by the way.