Hurrah! It rained on us!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Sep 19, 2011.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We actually got rained on twice today. This morning we went down to Huntsville and it poured rain for all of ten minutes. It made big puddles. Coming home we drove in and out of the rain. It was sure spotty. Here at home, Nothing! dr washed clothes today and hung them out and it still didn't rain. But, while I was making supper we could hear thunder and the neighbor came to tell us there were severe thunderstorm warnings. It got very windy and the thunder was accompanied by lightning and then it poured rain here. I'd say it rained for 20 minutes or more. I think about an inch or a bit more. It's still cloudy and darkish but the wind has stopped. It may build again but we need more than the inch or so that we got. Rain is still in the forecast through Tuesday. Hope, hope, hope!
    dooley

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My fingers are tightly crossed for you Dooley. I must admit that I get pretty tired of seeing rain here but I can appreciate why you need it so badly so let's hope there is indeed more coming your way.

4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

:smt041 :smt041 :smt041 I am so happy for you that I am jumping with joy. I know that all the wildlife is breathing a sigh of relief as are you. Did you go out and play in the rain? ;)

5. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Dooley,
    i really am happy for you,..reading your post i can plainly see your joy,..i have to admit its an alien feeling to us this side of the pond,..as Eileen remarked,..we see too much rain over hear,..the norm here is to check as to when its not raining in order to do outdoor work or sport.

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Yippee Dooley! I feel your excitement. We have been fortunate the last 24 hours also. At least 3 rain showers. All together not even a half inch. BUT... still wonderful indeed! Nothing beats the feel, sound and smell of a good little shower or two.

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Congrats on your rain, Dooley--I hope that there will be lots more.

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Yes, Dooley, there is rain! I'm so glad you got some, and hope you get more.
    We woke up last night to the sound of rain on the roof! We had thunder and lightning, and a good solid rain. As soon as it gets light I'm going to go outside and get muddy. Mud is wonderful!
    I'll have to explain rain to our new hens. They've never experienced it before and may be befuddled. Gee, a befuddled chicken . . . .

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I am so glad for all of you who are so needing the rain. I'll keep on praying for more.

marlingardener likes this.
  10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Congrats Dooley. Sometimes it's nice to get rained on :stew2:

11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Guess we got a bit of that storm too last night. Lots of Lightning... and 3/4 of an inch of the wet stuff in the rain gauge.

12. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

That's where all the rain went, down to you all. :rolleyes:
    We got a total of half an inch between the rain Friday night and the squirting we got yesterday evening.

But at least it's cooler. ;)

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I woke up at 2 am and it was raining big time. Again about 4 am. The bucket has about 2 inches in it but dr says it's not accurate because the sides slope. Chance doesn't like the thunder and she says it's too wet to go outside and check the yards. Her feet get wet and dirty. She doesn't like sitting on the wet deck either. She sure is particular.
    dooley