I can laugh because I can relate . . .

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by SongofJoy57, Apr 12, 2008.

1. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

THOUGH Aunt Etta never learned to drive, she served as Aunt Ruthie's faithful copilot. In a car almost as old as they were, they rode over curbs, swerved into ditches and rode against traffic on one-way streets, heedless of horns, unobserved by police. When the years overdue traffic offense citation was finally presented, Aunt Etta scooted across the seat, reached around Aunt Ruthie and signaled for the ticket. "Don't give it to her," Aunt Etta said to the police officer. "She can't see. I told her to go through the light."

OUR friend, who had just turned 60, was doing some spring planting with the help of his 91 year-old father. When the older man began to put up beanpoles in straight lines, the son suggested that stacking them teepee-style was better. A disagreement arose.
    "Dad," our friend finally said, sighing, "this is my garden, and I want to use the teepees."
    The father threw down his hoe and stomped off towards the house. "You kids!" he snorted over his shoulder. "Turn sixty and think that you know everything!"

Two elderly women were out driving in a large car -- both could barely see over the dashboard. As they were cruising along they came to an intersection. The stoplight was red, but they just went on through.
    The woman in the passenger seat thought to herself, "I must be losing it, I could have sworn we just went through a red light."
    After a few more minutes, they came to another intersection and the light was red again... and again they went right though.
    This time the woman in the passenger seat was almost sure that the light had been red but was really concerned that she was losing it. She was getting nervous and decided to pay very close attention to the road and the next intersection to see what was going on.
    At the next intersection, sure enough, the light was definitely red, and they went right through.
    She turned to the other woman and said, "Mildred! Did you know we just ran through three red lights in a row! You could have killed us!"
    Mildred turned to her and said "Oh, am I driving?"

2. Loading...