I got Shasta Daisy plants from my co worker...

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Tina, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Tina

Tina Young Pine

today. YOOOHOOO!!!

I was unsuccessful in growing the daisies from seeds and he gave a few from his yard. I am planning to grow them in a container. He also gave me some oregeno plants. Any tips to help these?

2. Loading...

3. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Tina, I tried Shasta daisies last year for the first time. I had 2 very small plants, they survived and stay green all winter here. They also multiplied all winter and I probably have 9 or 10 now. Good luck with them and the oregano, which I know nothing about.

4. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

I love Shasta daisies!!!! They are so easy to grow here . . . right in the ground, but I don't know much about your weather zones there. . . congratulations and best wishes for your new plants. We want pics when the magic happens!!!!

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I've got oregano outside. It's planted in a sunny, well-drained location. I mixed lots of sand in the soil. My zone is USDA 7 I think.

Advertisement
  6. mtathome

mtathome Seedling

Nice!

I planted them from seed years ago. I swore the package said they were dwarfs but they weren't. They got so tall they flopped over every time it rained and looked very messy. But I love the flowers themselves.

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

The Oregano in my garden is a force to be reckoned with. It has sperad at an alarming rate and I find it in the strangest places. I will have to remove enormous amounts of it in a few days. The Oragano that we have is a bit difficult to remove
    It sure does attract the bees and butterflies though. Wow!
    I once have some shasta daisys and had to use one of those plastic circles on a stick to hold them upright, as it rains quite often here. After a while though, I don't know what happened, but they got tougher and now they stand tall completely on their own.

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I have both Shasta'a and Oregano growing here and they both seem to thrive on neglect LOL

9. flowerpower313

flowerpower313 Seedling

You may need to stake the daisies. Especially if it is the variety called Alaska which has very large flowers.