I need help with a rectangular shaped room.

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by travismp, Dec 19, 2008.

1. travismp

travismp New Seed

my family room in the basement is in the shape of a rectangle so it very hard to decide on furniture layout. Anyone have a good layout for a family room in the shape of a rectangle. It is 21'long and 13' deep. any images, design layouts, ideas, websites with information, anything is better than nothing. I plan on driving to a furniture store (4 hours away) tomorrow to pick out a new furiture set. I am willing to spend 4 or 5 thousand when all is said and done, but I would like some help before I go.

2. Loading...

3. starreelynn

starreelynn New Seed

Rectangular Shaped Rooms

One thing you can do in your basement would be to section it into 2 spaces. You only need roughly 12' wide of space for a L-shaped sofa and a couple side tables, add the flat screen across the way and make the rest of the space a sitting area where you can store some extra seating for guests and some cabinets for storage. Or add a craft table. Its a long space, so you should have plenty of room to make it a family room slash, ... gameroom, ... office, ... dining room or anything else that would help you in your home. The whole 21' space could also be used as a home theatre.