interior designing course through correspondence

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by violet, Aug 15, 2008.

1. violet

violet New Seed

I just went through an ecourse on interior decoration, and got pretty impresed. now I want to do a course in interior designing too. Wanna go for a correspondence course , can anybody tell me is it equivalent to the regular course in terms of industrial response and are the job oppurtunities same? Or
    should I enroll for a regular course, whatever it is am going to study hard, please help me out in this as am absolutely new to this field............

2. Loading...

3. qphomedecor

qphomedecor New Seed

As a general rule any course you take as a regular course in person will look better on a resume. However there are many good courses online/correspondence that will hold weight as well. I would recommend if you go the online/correspondence route to make sure that it is an (accredited) course/school, which basically means it will hold equal or almost equal weight in the industrial field. I hope this helps.

4. violet

violet New Seed

Thanks a lot. It will definitely help. Thanks again.
    :-D

5. CeruleanBlue

CeruleanBlue New Seed

I think it depends on your goals. If you just want the info for yourself, choose any school that seems to cover what you want (and ask them questions before sending money).

If you want credit for eventual transfer somewhere, I would only register with ones that are extensions of actual colleges, and/or are accredited with a recognized agency, like NKBA or FIDER.

6. violet

violet New Seed

Thanks. I think I will go for a regular course as it will give me practical experience. And will help me understand the market better.

8)