Invite our friend

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by dooley, Mar 28, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We have a friend who lives in Alabama. She reads the site but doesn't garden so she thinks she cannot join in the fun. So would everyone please ask her "Come on, Marlene, join in the fun. Come to the party."
    After all, Desert Rat doesn't garden either.
    Dooley

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Marlene! You are very welcome to our madhouse. Just be warned it may eat up all of your free time :smt120 :D

We're having a party, won't you come along. Gardening skills are not a requirement :D

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hi Marlene. :D

Don't be shy - of course you can join us - it doesn't matter that your not 'into' gardening. We'd love to hear all about you and to get to know you. Looking forward to your first post. :D

5. Pinkiered

Pinkiered The Rose Queen

Come! Join us!!![​IMG]

Advertisement
  6. Kimberly

Kimberly Seedling

I'm new and would love to meet you!!! Join in!! :D

7. i love bugs

i love bugs The Weatherman of Craggy Island

Hi Marlene , we would love to hear from you . If you are reading these posts , well them you already know what we are like , we would love you to join 8) Bugs

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Marlene, if you have already been reading some of the posts you do know what we are like :eek: but don't let that scare you off, come join us.

9. jubabe296

jubabe296 Official Garden Fairy

Marlene :smt039 Please come join us!! :smt024

10. Marlene

Marlene Young Pine

Oh, oh, I got caught, so guess I better say hello! Thought I was tiptoeing around so quietly, no one would know there was a "snoop" lurking around. I know I didn't step on anybody's flowers--I was just admiring--honest!

My friend, Dooley, told me about your website and invited me to join. I checked it out and liked what I saw, but I certainly am not much of a gardener so don't think I'll do much chatting. I have enjoyed reading some of your blogs and looking at the fantastic pictures some of you have posted. I am envious of your talents and your hard work! I'm sorry to say I cultivate a fine crop of weeds. I'm one of those gardeners that gets enthusiastic in the spring when everything looks so fresh and new and things are starting to bloom. Then I want to plant some flowers, but my enthusiasm doesn't last when it gets hot and humid and the hard work of weeding and lots of tender loving care needs to be done.

Nice to meet all you new friends. I think Dooley's bears must have snitched on me that I was tiptoeing around--don't you?

Hope you have a great day, Marlene

11. Kimberly

Kimberly Seedling

Ohhhh Welcome Marlene !!!!!! I'm a newbie gardner so I'm sure I will sit back and just learn and admirre mostly but it is sooo nice to have you join in!!! :D

12. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

[​IMG] MARLENE!!!!

Wondered when you were going to show up. :D
    I've just got the hem to turn up on your party outfit - give me a few minutes and It'll be ready.

Don't worry about not being a gardener there are plenty of plantaholics here and loads of topics for non-gardeners too.

Just going to give your cossie a run over with the iron and then we'll expect to see you in the barn for the festivities!!!!

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Hi, Marlene! I had to recruit all the Gardenstewer's to welcome you here. I hope you enjoy all the things we get into. Did you see the posts where weeds were discussed and were determined to be wildflowers? Have fun here. Desert Rat is here too you know. dooley

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

The Eccentric Gnome welcomes you! But don't let that scare you off. :D

Glad you could make it Marlene. Don't worry about sharing gardening knowledge, just join in the fun :D