Is direct light necessary?

Discussion in 'Seed Starting / Propagation' started by Queen Be, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Queen Be

Queen Be New Seed

I am currently planning my first raised bed vegetable garden, it's still a few weeks off been completed as I am still sourcing materials and waiting for my husband to get time to put it all together. I have some seeds which I want to start off now so they will be ready to transplant when the beds are done.

At the moment the only full sun we get is on our large deck, but we get loads of indirect light all day in our living room. I can't put the seeds outside even though it is warm enough as I have two very helpful preschoolers who like to dig and water everything in sight, I just can't trust them not to kill the plants before they even get a start to life :rolleyes:

Will this be enough light?

2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hi QB--Some seeds require sunlight to help in the germination process and some do not. Usually it is written on the seed pack.

If you don't have seed packs, or it is not mentioned on the pack...it would mean to me that light isn't necessary; but if you could let us know specifically which plants you are wondering about then someone here will probably know.

Good luck with those seeds!