Is it really November in Michigan?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by alleyyooper, Nov 11, 2005.

1. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

The temp out side is 55F and feels that way since the wind is about nill.
    I just finished blocking upo a big hunk of an a
    Ash tree I cut down last year that had the Emrald Ash bore in it. I took off my sweat shirt well before I finished cutting it. I hadn't finished spliting the first block and I had my shirt off and was still plenty warm in the T shirt.
    Going to pull Checkmite strips out this afternoon since the girls are flying about. They are supposed to stay in till Nov 15th but I am going to be gone then and the weather I saw was going to cool off.
    :D Al

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Seems like it warming up everywhere. I wouldn't exactly say it is warm where I am but some days it's not the typical Irish November.

What's Checkmite by the way Al? All these new beekeeping related terms.. I will have to catch up :)

4. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Been warm here in Ohio too. Frost in the morning and near 60 in the afternoon.

5. alleyyooper

alleyyooper Seedling

:( Checkmite is a tempory section 18 compound to kill varroa mites. :cry: :cry: Apistan has been found to not work due to some :scheming: beekeepers misuseing it and the mites building a resentance to it.
    Only supposed to leave it in the hives 42 days and some have left them in all winter.

:D Al