Is there an easy way to post oversized pics?

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Comments / Help' started by SusanLouise, Jul 21, 2009.

1. SusanLouise

SusanLouise Seedling

It's becoming exhausting having to go to a resizing site to shrink each pic I want to post...and I'm becoming discouraged. I've been going to this link...
    http://www.shrinkpictures.com/
    After each pic gets resized, then I save them to a folder on my desktop...THEN I'm able to post the pics here...
    Big sigh...so much work! :(

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Susan, I understand your frustration but the limit is unfortunately there for a reason. Images above a certain size are harder to resize and put a strain on the whole site while it's resizing the image. To keep things running as smoothly as possible I imposed the limit.

You may also be able to configure your camera to take smaller resolution images?

4. SusanLouise

SusanLouise Seedling

Hello Frank,
    I understand the reason completely...just wish it didn't take so long. Unfortunately, I don't want to change the resolution since I use many of the pics for different reasons.
    I'll just pace myself when I post pics...a few at a time:)

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for understanding Susan. When I upgrade the hardware here in future then I can raise the limit.