Is this a sweet banana pepper plant?

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Tigercat, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Tigercat

Tigercat New Seed

[​IMG]
    Banana Peppers ( photo / image / picture from Tigercat's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Banana Peppers?? ( photo / image / picture from Tigercat's Garden )

I still don't know if I am posting this right. My question is what plant is this. I thought it was a sweet banana pepper plant...but it seems I am mistaken.
    It has little green balls on it.
    Please help.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I haven't ever experienced growing Banana Peppers Tigercat but the foliage looks a lot like the leaves on my own pepper plants. The fruits on mine start off as littel green balls too. I hope someone will be along shortly to ID your plant for you.

4. Tigercat

Tigercat New Seed

Oh thank you so much Eileen! I have been so worried. I keep comparing my plant to other pepper plants and sometimes I find some that look similar; but, I was looking the other day and I thought the leaves looked different. I hope this is a banana pepper plant. But since I was mistaken about the other plants I planted from seed I wasn't sure. It has been so hot here; but, the temp is finally cooling down. My tomatoes started turning red after being green on the vine for about 2 months. I haven't noticed my pepper plant changing. I haven't tried tasting the little green balls; but, I did smell them. i didn't think they smelled like pepper plants. I will try and relax now and let them continue to grow. thank you again!