It even has eyes!!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Jerry Sullivan, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Some plants drop appendages, especially if it has hundreds of them. As the two Rhipsalis I have are moved to make way for decorations, another plants or the whims of the chief interior decorator, an occasional segment may get knocked off. Throw it away? Bite your tongue!! Pieces large and small are rescued. Any pot is fair game when in need of a home. Obviously small pieces occupy the lions share of the pot real estate but everyone gets a spot.

[​IMG]

Even the big guy in the middle is a knockoff. So when we were having potatoes a few weeks ago one potato has some eyes. :) The eyes were deposited in the nearest pot and there they have sat for some time.

[​IMG]

Hmmm......can you say potato salad this fall? Who knows. As the plants get larger the two potato eyes may find a special spot in the spring garden. Its story may even grow up to out do the great (tongue-in cheek), potato harvest story. You did hear about the great potato harvest didn't you?

Jerry

Jewell, Cayuga Morning and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    I believe this is some sort of malady. Unfortunately your illness is a bit worse than mine, and is probably incurable.:eek: I too suffer from plant parts finding homes in bare soil of neighboring plants. My other malady OCD means they must only find homes in kindred spirits pots or relocate immediately upon rooting.:rolleyes:

Take care though as this is not a terminal illness, just another one of those inconvenient truths in life.:rofl: If only they were all so satisfying.:snicker: