It rained sideways today....

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by fatbaldguy, Nov 12, 2012.

1. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

and the temps dropped from 60F to 37F. I failed to dress properly for the temps. I worked outside from 6am til 4pm. I did have a rain slicker/coat on though, that helped a bunch.

I'll be certain to watch the forecast more closely from here on out.

On a semi-related note, I'll have to take up the turnips and rutabaga's this week. Looks like all the gardening season is finished.

2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Sideways rain, FBG? I am watching your storm front approach New England and am glad all the fall chores are done. I wonder if the wild swings in the weather are a sign of future happenings(global warming trends) or perhaps my imagination?

Stay Dry!!

Jerry

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

It was very wet here, too. sorry you had to endure it in the cold. If the temps had stayed up in the 60's it wouldn't have been so bad.

We had a funeral in the morning..... When we got to church it was pouring, rained for a while then quit, I was hoping for the family that it would not be pouring during the interment...not to be. It rained again for the interment. Since I was in the kitchen helping with the meal I stayed dry. Kevin went to the cemetery with the choir...wet wet wet. good thing someone thought to make copies of the hymn for them or I think the books would have been ruined.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

FBG, at least you had a slicker--there's nothing worse than being cold and wet! (Right now I'd settle for wet at any temperature).
    Don't catch cold, and please pay attention to the weather forecasters' guesses.

Advertisement
  6. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

Mr. S, if it is global warming, we will adjust accordingly. Not much else we can do.

Mizz Carolyn, Not the best of ways to spend the day. I'm sure your efforts supplied comfort to someone. There is some solace in that.

Mizz Jane, guesses are about all the weather weasels can come up with. I was pretty wet all day too. Just gotta get through the day. I do hope some rain comes your way soon.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

FBG, "weather weasels?" You just added another phrase to my vocabulary! :D

8. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

I must ditto Jane's (MG) post! 'WEATHER WEASELS',, I love it!
    Hank