It's a rose bush, right?

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by Ronni, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

This is in my front garden, right in the front corner. I pruned it WAY back when we first moved into the house before Christmas, because it was absolutely choked with old weeds and a bunch of string? something gross had gotten wrapped all around it.

Anyway, it's doing a really good job of putting out lots of fresh, glossy leaves....and LOTS of thorns too! Just wanted to make sure there's nothing special or different about it, and that it is, in fact, a rose bush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

The growth looks healthy. It looks like my rose bush, if you grab it by a branch, and it it bites, it's a rose bush. :) My rose bush bites, I don't grab it often. Do you know what color the roses are? Now that we know you have a rose bush, we hope you will take a picture when it flowers.

Jerry

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I've only been in this house since right before Christmas and it was dormant (is that the right word?) when we moved in. So no, I have no clue what color the roses are. But I LOVE roses, so if this plant does well (it looks healthy, yes?) I'd love to plant a couple more.

And yes, it most definitely bites! ;)