Ivy and snake plant compatible?

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by fish_4_all, Aug 7, 2013.

1. fish_4_all

fish_4_all In Flower

I have a snake plant, Sansevieria trifasciata, and Devils Ivy, Epipremnum aureum (I think) and I want to know if they are going to get along in the same pot?

So far the ivy is growing really well and the snake plant is growing better than it ever has since I transplanted it. (I thought I actually killed it and did kill 5 out of 6 of the plants growing stems).

I didn't even think about it when I planted the Ivy but I can always move the ivy.

Do I need to worry about the two plants competing with each other and one choking the other out or should they be fine together?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. mfcc85
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Cali
      Replies:
      Views:

3. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I'm not familiar with either one of them but if they require the same growing conditions I think they'd do just fine

4. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

fish_4_all, Can you show is a picture pot and all..Youuu knooow howww we love photos.

5. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Both of those plants are pretty easy to grow, and are not real particular. They both can thrive in a variety of light conditions too. I think they will make fine container grown buddies! ;)

Advertisement
  6. mart

mart Strong Ash

Snake plant takes a little less water than the ivy but as long as they are not overwatered,, they should do fine.

7. fish_4_all

fish_4_all In Flower

[​IMG]

As requested, is a large pot and the Snake plant is centered with the ivy rooted in 3-5 different places.

Both growing well so it sounds like I can leave them for now. The snake plant has new growth that you can see with the lusher green foliage. I left some old because the plant almost died on me and didn't want to stress it out too much until it a lot bigger.

8. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Thanks for posting the picture, I think they well get along fine together. Just keep an eye on them and see how it goes :)

9. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I think they look great too. It looks like you even gave it a shower. Usually those two plants have allot of dust on them. :-D