July Blooms, Bees, Birds, Butterflies and a flying chipmunk

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by gfreiherr, Jul 17, 2011.

1. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

We had a great deal of rain this past week and the flowers in the garden are happy...me too...I don't have to water! The birds are singing, the bees are buzzing and the butterflies & blooms are "bee"utiful. :D

[​IMG]
    Eastern Tiger Swallowtail ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Velvet Butterfly Daylily ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Ruby-Throated Hummingbird ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Eastern Tiger Swallowtail & Phlox ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Double Knockout Roses ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Queen Anne Lace ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

[​IMG]
    My flying chipmunk ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Mama & Papa Bluebird checking on the babies ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

[​IMG]
    kitchen window view ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Back yard view ( photo / image / picture from gfreiherr's Garden )

Frank and Philip Nulty like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Netty
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Netty
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Bernieh

Bernieh In Flower

Such a wonderful collection of photos. You certainly do have a picture of a garden at the moment and some fabulous wildlife visitors as well.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh that chipmunk is really stretching to get to the pole isn't he? I love the shot of the hummingbird. :-D You have so many pretty plants and such wonderful wildlife in your garden. The rain certainly seems to have perked everything up nicely for you.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Your pics ae wonderful. A good camera really makes a difference on the action shots. Mine is lucky to come into focus on a still life. :( someday maybe will invest in a better one. Probably when I have grandchildren. Which I don't think will be any time soon.

Advertisement
  6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I really enjoyed your photos today Gail. Perhaps it is because I have been trying to get photos of my Hummers for years and I have never yet gotten a good shot!! I like the photo of the squirrel too...that was taken at just the right second. Your blooms are beautiful too and I love the view you have from your windows. Great shots!

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I always look forward to seeing your photos and these were NOT disappointing in the least!
    Great shots of the hummer and squirrel. And I see what you mean about the plants being happy with the rain.
    Great "view" shots.

carolyn likes this.
  8. bunkie

bunkie Young Pine

gorgeous pics gail!!! love the flying chipmunk!

we have an extraordinary amount of butterflies here this year!

9. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Gail, you have a talent for catching wildlife, love the bluebirds and the 'munk making a great escape with loot. Wonderful garden pictures, many diverse shapes and color.

Jerry

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Another wonderful showing of your spectacular garden, Gail.
    I especially liked the butterflies and that gorgeous daylily...and the very last foto. That lookes especially nice to me. What are those tallish purple flowering plants over to the right a bit? They look a bit like phlox from here, but I can not tell for sure.

Anyway, thanks for a good show today. How is the chipmunk population at the moment?

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Love all the wonderful colours Gail, and of course SuperChipmunk :)

12. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Beautiful garden, lovely shots too.

13. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Great pics! That hummingbird pictue is the cutest doggone thing!! I love the belly of that chipmunk and your kitchen view is to die for!

14. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.
    Bernieh, thanks for all your comments on my photos, I enjoyed viewing your blog & photos.

Eileen, we have had a month of 90s (fh)so the rain was really needed. The chipmunk will go up & down the pole multiple times a day and the hummingbirds are constantly at the feeders, such fun to watch.

Carolyn, I got a new camera shortly after I joined the GS, it really does make a difference. I enjoy sharing with you all.

Netty I put a HB feeder on my kitchen window so I just sit and wait with my finger on the trigger! I did the same with the chipmunk. It took a few tries, they are quick!

Cheryl, I always appreciate your comments, glad you enjoyed them.

Bunkie, I like the chipmunk too. Just wish he wouldn't hog the birdseed. Our butterflies are just beginning to show up.

Jerry, its a good thing I am retired because I get so distracted by all the activity in the garden, its hard to stay focused on what I need to do.

Sjoerd, thanks for all the nice comments. I loved the name of the daylily...Velvet Butterfly and its beautiful color. The purple flowers are phlox, they grow wild 5-6 feet tall but the bees, butterflies & hummers love them.

Frank, thanks for posting SuperChipmunk on facebook, I shared it on my profile.

Daisy, so glad you enjoyed the photos.

Stratsmom, I love to watch all the activity from the kitchen window...I take most of my bird photos from there.

15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Beautiful garden and flowers Gail,..and i am in awe of your Hummingbird picture and the one of the Chipmunk,..we don't have Bluebirds here so that picture is a revelation,..i am sure you must often give a pause while looking through your kitchen window,..lovely view as is the back yard view.

16. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I thought that they looked like phlox, but they seemed too tall. hahaha. I would like to have some of those!